South-East Utah March RME Trip - Moab, UT

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
For the March RME Trail Run we're heading back to Moab! We can work on the details like what trails, where to stay, etc. Trails will determine vehicle requirements, but plan on being prepared with modified 4x4's, larger tires, lockers & body protection. A winch, recovery points and recovery gear are highly recommended.

• March 14th-17th, 2019.
  • Trail's TBD; What would you like to run?
  • Minimum vehicle needs; Modified 4x4's with bigger tires & one locker highly recommended.
  • Group Size... depending on the turnout and vehicles, we may need to split up & run different trails.

So what trails would you like to run?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I was already planning a Moab trip for these dates with my wife, son, and my brother and his wife. Now you are all invited with us. Our planned trails are...

Thursday-Hells Revenge
My SIL has always wanted to do this trail, but she is somewhat new to this kind of offroading and has always been too nervous to try it until she heard that I took my mother through it last year. This is a great introduction to Moab trail, but it gets pretty busy so we will want to get it over with early in the week.

Saturday -Kane Creek
I've never completed this trail due to various reasons (Greg broke :p) and I'd love to run it when the possibility of high water.

Friday- Top of The World

This trail ride will possibly culminate in a video/pic worthy special event at the cliff edge (no pressure @SoopaHick)

Sunday- Short trail ride? Pack up and leave?

I figure we will probably have two groups of people. Hard-core, and easy going. So I would imagine we won't all be on the same trails everyday, but could be.

Last edited:

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I'm in charge of a mandatory work training meeting for 50+ people Saturday morning. Same thing the following weekend. Wish I could bail and join you guys!

Bart

My plans are up in the air, but wondering what time you're thinking of leaving for Kane Creek on Friday morning? I'll be heading Moab way Friday morning, but am used to an early start.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I think we may switch up Kane Creek to Saturday and run Top of the World on Friday. The "Special Event" will be on Top of the World at the overhanging rock. I'm a bit worried about traffic at that spot on Saturday. I'll edit my original post.

Houndoc

Still haven't figured my plans out for sure (friends and family all stuck working). If I can make it Thursday and Friday are most likely.

What is the current plans as to trails and start times each day?

Jeepdude775

Greeting fellow off-roaders. Just was forwarded this forum as I am in Moab and all my wheeling partners bailed on the trip. Will be here all week. Got a TJ on 37’s would like to run some trails. I am very familiar with Moab and and up for anything as I’m here with my boy on spring break. Staying at the bighorn lodge. Hope to meet up and wheel!

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Greeting fellow off-roaders. Just was forwarded this forum as I am in Moab and all my wheeling partners bailed on the trip. Will be here all week. Got a TJ on 37’s would like to run some trails. I am very familiar with Moab and and up for anything as I’m here with my boy on spring break. Staying at the bighorn lodge. Hope to meet up and wheel!
We’ll be down there Thursday-Sunday running the trails listed earlier in this thread! @Hickey and @Greg are running the show on this one.