South-East Utah March RME Trip - Moab, UT

Jeepdude775

I was already planning a Moab trip for these dates with my wife, son, and my brother and his wife. Now you are all invited with us. Our planned trails are...

Thursday-Hells Revenge
My SIL has always wanted to do this trail, but she is somewhat new to this kind of offroading and has always been too nervous to try it until she heard that I took my mother through it last year. This is a great introduction to Moab trail, but it gets pretty busy so we will want to get it over with early in the week.

Saturday -Kane Creek
I've never completed this trail due to various reasons (Greg broke :p) and I'd love to run it when the possibility of high water.

Friday- Top of The World

This trail ride will possibly culminate in a video/pic worthy special event at the cliff edge (no pressure @SoopaHick)

Sunday- Short trail ride? Pack up and leave?

I figure we will probably have two groups of people. Hard-core, and easy going. So I would imagine we won't all be on the same trails everyday, but could be.

I’m here all week thosexare good trails would love to tag along

Jeepdude775

Ok very good looks like it’s going to rain tues wed. Snow on the La sal mtns now. I’ll be checking back to see status. Rest of week looking good

mesha

By endurance we conquer
We are thinking about coming down Friday night to wheel on Saturday go home Sunday. We will be in a stock JLUR. I don't really want to run Kane Creek since I am not ready to scratch up MY JL yet. Give me a couple weeks :)

If there are two groups what other trails are available for Saturday? Not 100 percent sure we can make it so don't change plans for us.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
No idea at this point. I'll be pushing for an early time on my end. Do you know how long that trail usually takes?

Not too long, honestly.... maybe 5-6 hrs from town with a big group?

As an option, we could go down Rose Garden and back out Onion Creek. That would add quite a bit of time.

Andy9097

I’m going to be coming down for Saturday. Any idea what you will be running Sunday? Trying to decide if it’s going to be worth staying an extra night

Houndoc

What do we know on schedule at this point?
Still thinking Thursday-Friday will be better for me but that will depend on what time we think would be meeting up on Thursday.

Kind of need to know the plans before I start booking a room.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Times are negotiable. Everyone has to travel down to Moab first. As for the details, I don't understand what you need. I have reservations at the KOA for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. That's about all of the details I have for my family.