South-East Utah March RME Trip; The San Rafael Swell

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I'm on the fence. I just don't know the area at all and don't wanna blow the D35 and be a burden. I picked up a D60 for the rear but still have to narrow it before I can stab it in, so it wouldn't be in by the 10th.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
black dragon canyon has a couple of tight spots and a couple low ledges. I made it through with a 2013 F150 supercrew. Eagle canyon is a little twisty with some brushy stuff close to the road (did this in a JKU). This is not crawling or really technical.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
black dragon canyon has a couple of tight spots and a couple low ledges. I made it through with a 2013 F150 supercrew. Eagle canyon is a little twisty with some brushy stuff close to the road (did this in a JKU). This is not crawling or really technical.

I'm on 35's. Some kind of traction device in the rear. TBH I really couldn't care if I blow the rear end, it's scrap metal anyways, and I could take it easy if the trail isn't horrible. I just don't want anyone to feel obligated to help get my XJ off the trail if I break. I'd rather them tell me F.O. X-D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
@BlueWolfFab , If you're on 35's it would be pretty tame trails for you. There are some rougher trails further out, but for this trip we're not going to mess with them. My intention with this Swell trip is for a scenic, mild camping experience. Long as your XJ is reliable for miles of dirt-road driving, it should be good for what we have intended.

Greg

Admin
The weather for next weekend it looking pretty awesome, cloudy & partly cloudy with high's around 60*'s and low's around 36-38*'s... that's perfect camping weather! I'll probably head out on Friday and get there just afternoon.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Original post says to meet up at 10:00 on Sat. but doesn't say where. Were you intending to meet at the coordinates given ?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
The weather for next weekend it looking pretty awesome, cloudy & partly cloudy with high's around 60*'s and low's around 36-38*'s... that's perfect camping weather! I'll probably head out on Friday and get there just afternoon.
Greg, bring your mountain bike and ride Goodwater Rim trail since you are right there by it. Great ride, fantastic views.
https://www.trailforks.com/region/good-water-rim/

Greg

Admin
Original post says to meet up at 10:00 on Sat. but doesn't say where. Were you intending to meet at the coordinates given ?

I figured we'd meet up at the San Rafael Bridge Camp Ground mentioned, my plan is to head there on Friday, set up camp and hang out that evening. Then on Saturday we'll wait until 10 AM for those that are driving in, then go explore the Swell from there.

Greg, bring your mountain bike and ride Goodwater Rim trail since you are right there by it. Great ride, fantastic views.

I don't have a mtn bike... :( I would love to do some hiking around, if there is time.

Homefryy

I'm a maybe on this and probably won't make a decision until Thursday or Friday. My brother is remodeling a house he bought and I am supposed to be helping him with painting. We are currently waiting for the drywallers to finish before we get started. They were supposed to be done last week so we could paint over the weekend but still haven't finished. I'm hoping we can get in and get painting tomorrow and knock a bunch of it out so I can join you guys for the weekend instead of spending it painting but I will have to see how things go. I really want to join but also am trying to help my brother reach his goal of moving into the house a week and half from now.

Greg

Admin
So a couple maybes, but solid commitments from @Kevin B. & @frieed and myself.... that's all? I thought there would be more interest in this trip, awesome location, weather will be beautiful, only a few hrs from UT & SLC Counties...

Homefryy

I'm doing what I can to get my brother's house painted so I can go. We worked until 12:30 last night. Heading back over there now. I really want to go on this trip.