Massimo 12v fridge

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
So my battery lasted <24hrs in my dry run, with the low battery threshold setting. Voltage reading on the cooler is accurate except when the cooler is running. When I checked on it this morning, the cooler would turn on for a few seconds, and voltage reading would drop below the low setting and turn off.

One caveat is that my garage is hot, so I included the garage temp...

(Ophie is the vehicle’s battery voltage)View attachment 129491

41?

We drinking beer like the Brits?

Corban_White

The discrepancy between the battery voltage and the fridge voltage is probably due to the wire size being too small. Was this plugged into the cigarette lighter or clamped directly to the battery? What is the wire gauge on the fridge cord?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Since I keep my fridge at the back of my truck bed I fished a 10ga hot lead from the battery, through the frame, to a cigarette lighter receptacle in the side wall of the bed. I used the frame for ground. Over 20' of wire.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Since I keep my fridge at the back of my truck bed I fished a 10ga hot lead from the battery, through the frame, to a cigarette lighter receptacle in the side wall of the bed. I used the frame for ground. Over 20' of wire.

I'll add that recent vehicles (mine is a 2013) are very picky about making sure that the return path (ground lead) of any added electrical devices pass through the current sensor on the negative terminal of the battery.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
So my battery lasted <24hrs in my dry run, with the low battery threshold setting. Voltage reading on the cooler is accurate except when the cooler is running. When I checked on it this morning, the cooler would turn on for a few seconds, and voltage reading would drop below the low setting and turn off.

One caveat is that my garage is hot, so I included the garage temp...

(Ophie is the vehicle’s battery voltage)View attachment 129491

Mine lasted four days, inside, before I got bored and pulled it off. I had it set to 36* on the low battery protection mode. I bet those outside temps made a huge difference.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Greg's thread reminded me to update this one. Fridge is still running, spends 24-7 strapped down in the back of the truck although I unplug it when I'm not using it. I keep it set to the lowest voltage protection and run it off a deep cycle aux battery to protect the starting battery, and it runs for about three days on that setup before it gets down to triggering the voltage protection when it starts it's cycle. I wouldn't hesitate to let it run overnight and then some on the starter battery in a pinch. On a recent backpacking trip we left my truck at the far end of the trail, and I set up a second deep cycle battery in parallel to the aux battery (so roughly 200 amp hours total?), we came back to my truck four days later and it was still running. The cold drinks were awesome.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I decided to order one today off of the Costco website. I have looked at a couple on Amazon and just about pulled the trigger a couple of different times, but the return policy of Costco put me over the edge to go ahead and get it. Plus it essentially cost me nothing with my Costco Cash I get with my Costco credit card I use for business.