Colorado May RME Monthly Trip; 21 Road and Billings Canyon

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
There has been some talk about another RME 21 Road & Billings Canyon trip, after we had a group of Utah friends come out in 2017. - https://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?113034-RME-Trip-to-Colorado-21-Road-and-Billings-Canyon

Figured we'd get the ball rolling and talk about dates.... I'm thinking May, try to hit the trail after the runoff & Spring showers are gone, but before the heat.

Both of these trails require a minimum of 35" tires, 2 lockers, plenty of body armor and a winch. Built and trail-proven rigs are a must! 37"+ tires will make it a little easier. There is also a good chance of body damage or breakage, so come prepared knowing it's possible. 21 Road usually takes all day, Billings Canyon can be done in a half-day, IF there are no major issues. There is not a 2nd trail next to Billings called the CutOff, so those 2 trails should make for a full day in that area.

I'd be happy to lead this trip, long as I have a seat! :D So who wants to come to Western Colorado and play on our trails this Spring?

@Jinx @Pile of parts @RockChucker

Who else mentioned interest in running these trails?

Greg

Admin
So your saying you would not take the JK eh?

I wouldn't take my JK... but you're welcome to try yours! :p

Last year one of the BFG drivers took their JKU on 35's up 21 Road during Rock Junction and didn't get any damage. Most of the trail is wide enough you can pick your lines, other then the very top where it's tight. It's possible to get thru without damage, but I don't want to attempt it with mine.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I wouldn't take my JK... but you're welcome to try yours! :p

Last year one of the BFG drivers took their JKU on 35's up 21 Road during Rock Junction and didn't get any damage. Most of the trail is wide enough you can pick your lines, other then the very top where it's tight. It's possible to get thru without damage, but I don't want to attempt it with mine.

Gotcha. Depending on time frame I may be interested in dragging the scout out for this

RockChucker

There is a possibility I might be able to make that work. But right now the fall is looking better for me. I don't know that I'll be able to make an excursion like that in the late spring.

Greg

Admin
There is a possibility I might be able to make that work. But right now the fall is looking better for me. I don't know that I'll be able to make an excursion like that in the late spring.

Get your crew together for a Fall run and I'll be your guide/photographer. :)