Trip Report May RME Trip; 21 Road and Billings Canyon

pkrfctr

At the end of the trail I kicked my family out to shuttle guys back to the tow rigs. Greg and I were up front and @DToy @Jinx and my baby (in the carseat) were in back. Next thing you know Jinx thinks Dtoy is sleeping on his shoulder while hes entertaining the baby. The look on Jinx face was priceless. Turns out it was Jaeger my pup on the rear deck in the very back.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
At the end of the trail I kicked my family out to shuttle guys back to the tow rigs. Greg and I were up front and @DToy @Jinx and my baby (in the carseat) were in back. Next thing you know Jinx thinks Dtoy is sleeping on his shoulder while hes entertaining the baby. The look on Jinx face was priceless. Turns out it was Jaeger my pup on the rear deck in the very back.

At first I couldn’t figure what was going on, then I didn’t want to know!

By the time I figured out it wasn’t a 6’3” burley man and just a dog, I was pretty relieved! :D

madcow246

Sorry I missed out in Saturday, it looks like it was a great run. Sunday WAS a bit of a clusterf..., with the mtn bike event, 2C8398EB-FC47-4C55-BB77-2AAD005200E0.jpeg429459E5-3652-4226-A00D-E6D60E658958.jpegC1332AC5-B43D-412D-9DDC-CEAE5E63F7E4.jpegbut as usual, Billings was a blast, and the new “Cut Off” trail adds a nice new challenge.

Pile of parts

It was a great trip. Good to see old friends and make new ones! Thanks, Greg, for taking time out of your schedule to show us around, take pictures and post the trip report.

This was the only picture I took. It was Saturday and the "traffic jam."

IMG_20180519_150321060_HDR.jpg

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ok just to chime in.

When it comes to wheeling in Colorado, even the little rocks are HUGE! :D (Common joke of the weekend) Most of the rigs in these pictures are running 37"-42" tires and the rocks are WAY bigger!

I know I have already given a big shout out to @Greg for taking the time and showing us around, taking pictures, and just being an awesome person, but it doesn't seem like enough!

It was great to meet the Moab Friends of Four Wheelers. Man can they drive their rigs! Jeff, Susan, Melissa, Larry, Mr. French. Just wow! I think they wheel more in a month than most do in a year!

Jeff's front wheel stand coming off of High Dive was so controlled and smooth, you would have thought he did it on purpose! Does anyone have a picture of that double up?

Can't say enough good things about Jason @Pile of parts, his wife Tammy? along with "other" Larry and Drax. As usual my group hung out at the back to make sure my wife felt comfortable in her buggy without holding anyone back and to let the kids run without being in anyone's way. You guys did an AWESOME job of keeping in touch with the advance group and making sure we were ok. Super classy guys. Would love to catch another trail with you ANYTIME!

Last but not least, thanks to @pkrfctr and @DToy. A couple of guys who I have wheeled with for well over a decade, who both have a way of just being there when you need them. Thanks for helping me get Joey's rig of the trail after her alternator failed on Billings Canyon.

I am a little embarrassed to say most of my pics are either posted already or of my kids. I have to do better at this...