Mbryson Daily’s driver project ‘91 MJ Comanche

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I did get the rear axle cleaned up a little and prep for a spring over. Started setting up the 4.10 gears and figured out the ring gear bolts in my gear set are BIG compared to the 3/8” stock units. Come to find out, I have a TJ Rubicon gearset. Word is that I’ll need the 3.55 carrier and some 7/16” ring gear bolts and I’m good to go? Time will tell later this week

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Some lift kits include a little drop bracket for the track bar...it's how they deal with re-centering the axle without going to an adjustable bar. That has to be what you've got there, but it's been welded on in addition to bolting.

mbryson

Supporting Member
33" BFG. Bigger than expected, at least on the trailer. I was going to paint it.... I kind of like the patina now. (we'll see how long that lasts?) It's a '91, which is when I got married. I could lie and say that we bought it when we first got married....

mbryson

Supporting Member
I'd love to sport an MJ but I don't think a 6'7" 280 lb guy would fit in one very well.

I'm curious how a 6'1" 253 lb guy will do? Ultimately this is for my daughter in a couple years. I'm just making sure it's working appropriately until then. Hoping the MJ is better mpg than my 8.1 Suburban as a daily driver.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I'm curious how a 6'1" 253 lb guy will do? Ultimately this is for my daughter in a couple years. I'm just making sure it's working appropriately until then. Hoping the MJ is better mpg than my 8.1 Suburban as a daily driver.
Yea. After I sold my Durango I was daily driving my 8.1. That's why a bought a more economical 1998 z28 camaro :). Did you sell your GTO?

mbryson

Supporting Member
Yea. After I sold my Durango I was daily driving my 8.1. That's why a bought a more economical 1998 z28 camaro :). Did you sell your GTO?

We still have the G8. My wife has adopted it after she sold her GX470. I think she likes it but she likes to cuss about it being "to low". It's not slow and she does like to drive fast.

Trate D

I have a set of used/trimmed for better ground clearance rocky road outfitters drop bracket's (Comanche specific) you can have....