Mbryson's 2012 JKU "build"

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The daily driver Dodge is gone so I snagged a semi-reasonably priced JK Unlimited from LHM Sandy (U4WDA sponsor). I worked with a few Dealerships to find a new JK and found our RME friend Dempsey at Doug Smith extremely amicable to work with. 100% recommendation for working with him and his resources. He found me a JK that was enroute and EXACTLY what I wanted. The one I got is a 95% (color and gear ratio off) of what wanted and just over $5k cheaper than new with 12k miles. (Driven by a little old lady from Goshen who only drove it to church on Sundays)

I'll post a picture when I can get back to a laptop (I'm horrible at typing with the iPad and it "corrects" all kinds of things for me). It's your basic, belly-button JK Sport, auto, with power windows and locks. Nothing special about it. You and I both know I can't keep it stock but its not getting ton axles and 40" tires. More of a daily driver/explorer/firearms support type rig.

Wanting to run 34-35" tires, smallish lift, and a selectable locker or two. Has ESC (that I've already noticed) and some other stuff I don't have in my current Jeep (like a heater and AC). I'd love to put some Kevlar MTRs on this thing, but that'll blow my budget pretty quick. Goal for the rig is to make it capable and comfortable (I'm old, but not BC). Headed to Teraflex early next week to see what sticks on as I park in the parking lot.

Suggestions for the build are welcomed. The JK world is kind of interesting and deep to wade through.

JKatLHM.JPG

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• JKSalesPhoto.jpg
    JKSalesPhoto.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Awesome, looking forward to seeing how you put it together and see how well it works for you on the trail. I must admit, I'm a little jealous... :p

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Welcome to the JKU family ;-)

I would recommend driving a few different JKs with different lifts and see what you like. I think you are making a great decision with teraflex. Teraflex wins.

I have a JKU with a 4 inch LCG and 37s it drives much better than stock an it amazing off road.

sixstringsteve

Yeah baby. Congrats on the new rig. I'm excited to see all the places this rig will take you.

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Congrats. 35's should fit with very little lift. Mine is getting Cooper AT3 's in I'm 315/70 R17 next year. You can order them through Discount for $240 each. 55k mole warranty. I'm super happy with them on my wife's Grand Cherokee. Very quiet.

The stock Rubicon shocks ride far better than the Sport/Sahara shocks.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well I know you have seen mine with the flatties and leveling kit on 35's with room for 37's.

Looking forward to see where you go with this, the Teraflex guys will let you test drive their JK's with their different lifts instaled.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Man, I thought for sure were were going to pick up that red one you were test driving last time you came over to my house. What color did you go with?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Sounds like a great place to start.
I look forward to when you add a GPW grill and flat fenders ;-)

That'll be interesting. This really is my daily driver though. I don't see it becoming a buggy trail rig at all? I was just driving it a few minutes ago and thought it would be awesome if it was truly the Jeep Rescue concept. It'd be awesome to have a smaller 3/4 to SUV hat was pretty capable but could tow.

Bart

Congrats on the purchase. I really think that if/when I get tired of the buggy, i'll end up with a JKU and a Harley, in place of the buggy and truck. Watching the build and know it will be cool.

lhracing

I have the Teraflex 3" springs and arms (not the long arm) and 37". It works wery well and drives good. I now Live in Layton and you are welcome to drive it anytime if you are interested.