Memorial weekend... Hillclimbing!!!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Went to Wyoming over the weekend and thought I would share. Its hard to put these climbs into perspective but hopefully you get an idea of what they are like :D

The ATK broke a sweat on a few that's for sure but the top end power from the Rotax was impressive! Here is a pic looking down from the top :eek:

DSCN2957.jpg

DSCN2956.jpg

DSCN2958.jpg

DSCN2960.jpg

I have never seen so many CR500's in one place :greg: Turbohaulic and I met up with some old friends including a few members of the Dirty Dawg Hill Climbers.

Spanks bike uses a CBR600 engine in a modified chassis to climb these hills. Another friend has a CR500 with direct port Nitrous injection but I didn't get any pics of that one :(

DSCN2963.jpg

DSCN2966.jpg

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
We camped below this climb and it was probably the most intimidating climb I did over the weekend. Its hard to tell, but there is a vertical ledge at the top and one near the top that are both at least a foot high in the shortest spot.

DSCN2962.jpg

This guy (in the goofy hat) was insane! He managed to climb to the highest point in the middle of the picture :eek:

DSCN2973.jpg

There were a few spots to get a great view!

DSCN2967.jpg

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I bought a FWC (Four Wheel Camper) awhile back and this was a great time to try it out. Although mine is a bit older it worked awesome and is almost perfect for overland type travel/offroading. I brought the old school Honda 1980 CR250 for a backup bike--its really fun but it can be really scary too if your not careful!

DSCN2971.jpg

I wish I had a helmet cam because the cross country riding was some of the best I've ever seen. Jumps, climbs and high speed x-country--it was all there :D

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
DSCN2965.jpg

Most of my pictures are poor quality mostly to the relentlessness wind. One day it was very cold and snowing then the next afternoon it was so hot it was tough to stay hydrated :D Either way it was a really good time and I can't wait to go back!

ricsrx

What a blast, it reminds me of climming with my old yz490, most of the time it was out of control and i was going along for the ride and the bike was just doing its thing.