@ mentions

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Does the forum support "at mention" (@ nameHere) and maybe we just have it turned off? It would be nice to have that feature. The reply with quote works for some use cases but not all. If I find something in which I believe another is interested (whether it be a particular topic or something for sale), I can use @nameHere to make sure they see it (assuming notifications go out when you get "mentioned" in a thread...).

Cascadia

Undecided
I personally think that @whatever after each post on fb or any other site is annoying. It's a waste of my time to read all those things but I always do just cause it's there. I'd like to keep them off. But that's just my opinion.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've seen them used on other forums, I thought it was pretty cool actually. If you're having a conversation and a friend isn't involved, you can mention them and they'll a get notification.

I'm game for trying it out, I'm not sure if our current software has the option though. Let me do some digging around.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
But if we did # as well we could totally like #Shane #Jeep #Toyota #yourmom #hashtagsarestupid

Tagging people with @yourmom would be pretty cool though.