Miller Motorsports Park craziness

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My thoughts exactly! Now all the people that are saying a Chinese company buying it is bad get to watch an American company waste taxpayers $$$ messing up the deal in the court system.

ridiculous. Now we get to waste lots of time and money in the courts.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
In all of the interviews with this Centerpoint guy, he sounds like a whiny snake oil salesman. His promises of how he would develope the property seemed pretty empty to me. He wants to build condos geared toward the racing crowd. There are several empty neighborhoods where this has already been tried.

Houndoc

In all of the interviews with this Centerpoint guy, he sounds like a whiny snake oil salesman. His promises of how he would develope the property seemed pretty empty to me. He wants to build condos geared toward the racing crowd. There are several empty neighborhoods where this has already been tried.

Agreed. From the start his development plan never made sense. Homes and condos next to the track? Office buildings miles from anything.

And wanting the land de-annexed from Grantsville? Won't happen. City provides services, including emergency, sewer and water. Legally it pretty much has to stay, plus we are certainly not going to let go of a major commercial project.

County is wise to pass him up.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I don't know anyone that in their right mind that would want to live right next to a track. I'm a few miles away from RMR and get to listen to it all weekend long. I'm sure anyone that stays home all day would hate to hear the cars doing test laps everyday. Sure, it would have some perks, but with as much as that track has been used for day to day stuff I just can't even believe that you would knowingly buy a house or relocate your accounting firm any where near it.

D

Deleted member 12904

I live about 2 miles as the crow flys from Miller. I have no buildings or houses between my back yard and Miller. I don't mind it but when those open exhaust Porsche's or some of the open wheel indy style cars I can hear it but not bad.
I used to live about 7-8 miles from RMR with tons of houses and buildings and the drags cars where WAY louder then anything at miller.

If miller does put in a drag strip I hope its like the short course and not used on a weekly basis.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I live about a mile farther away. I can really only hear the super bikes, and even they aren't annoying.

The track is heavily banked, and I think that directs the sound more upward than RMR's drag strip.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
My dislike of letting a Chinese company in, is more national security related. Having the Chinese use the track as a tourist facility, it will allow more "agents" into the area than we probably already have. But hey, thats just my non-racist stake...

Bart

I thought it was a private sale between the Millers and the Chinese company so this really surprised me. When the county or state get involved it basically takes the choice out of it.

Box Rocket

bored
I don't know the laws on the books for Tooele county, but still seems like a sale should be determined by whomever the seller decides to sell to regardless of price or whatever offers are on the table. I can understand Center Point's frustration on the matter but it just looks like case of "sour grapes" and they come off like whiney babies.

I have no doubt I don't have all the facts on the matter so I'm only commenting on how it appears.

Houndoc

I don't know the laws on the books for Tooele county, but still seems like a sale should be determined by whomever the seller decides to sell to regardless of price or whatever offers are on the table. I can understand Center Point's frustration on the matter but it just looks like case of "sour grapes" and they come off like whiney babies.

I have no doubt I don't have all the facts on the matter so I'm only commenting on how it appears.

That is how I see it, which is not going to create a great working environment with the county if they end up with it. Wish the judge would have stayed out of it.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Some great insight, put together by employees to my knowledge:
http://www.savemmpnow.com/

Centerpoint... blah.
If all this is true then Boo on center point for possibly destroying the race track so they can build some houses. It makes since that they would have chosen to sell to Mitime because the long term benifits is so much better for the county regardless if there offer was lower then center points.