Mine eyes

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Well, you guys convinced me. I looked up the HF model and found CPO had a refurbished Milwaukee deep cut for $179.

Looks like I got the last one in stock.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Well, you guys convinced me. I looked up the HF model and found CPO had a refurbished Milwaukee deep cut for $179.

Nicely done! I would have jumped on that deal also.

Tonkaman

Did you already buy it? I may have an extra bandsaw or two...

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I did a shiz-ton of grinding today. I used my HF band saw a lot also.
I have a 4.5” grinder that I have taken the cover off, and added a 6” wheel to. It does a great job. But today as it was spinning at face level.. I opted to put the 4.5” wheel and cover back on it. I’m hoping to get over this new fear so I can go back to not caring.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
But today as it was spinning at face level.. I opted to put the 4.5” wheel and cover back on it.

Ha! I did that very same thing yesterday. I discovered that it's much easier to cut straight without a steady stream of sparks flying all over the garage.

Tonkaman

I did a shiz-ton of grinding today. I used my HF band saw a lot also.
I have a 4.5” grinder that I have taken the cover off, and added a 6” wheel to. It does a great job. But today as it was spinning at face level.. I opted to put the 4.5” wheel and cover back on it. I’m hoping to get over this new fear so I can go back to not caring.

Dude buy a 6” grinder! The large wheels are not designed to spin at the same RPM as smaller ones. The wheels are far more likely to just erupt into shrapnel at those speeds!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Metal mesh face shield. Works good for the grinding wheel. Try one. No fogging.

I haven't had eye problems but I had a grinder bounce off my knuckle with a flap disc and burned through my welding glove and down to the bone. It instantly cauterized and no blood- still have the scar.

And once had one grab and bounce off cutting tube and wound up in my shirt and bound up. Then I freaked out and ripped the cord out of the wall.

Paddle switch style only for me now.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
This reminds me that I need to invest in a portaband. Those with portaband tables, do you like the miter gauges? I've heard that the blade doesn't track true enough to make them useful.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This reminds me that I need to invest in a portaband. Those with portaband tables, do you like the miter gauges? I've heard that the blade doesn't track true enough to make them useful.

I don't use the miter gauge because yea they don't track true hardly at all... so just make sure your cut line is staight and eyeball it. I've still been super happy with the results doing it that way.

For much longer cuts I've gone with a metal cutting saw for my circular saw which has been awesome.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
For much longer cuts I've gone with a metal cutting saw for my circular saw which has been awesome.

My brother has been using a metal blade on his circle saw for a while. I always forget to try it until after I am deaf and burned from grinding with my chop saw.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
My brother has been using a metal blade on his circle saw for a while. I always forget to try it until after I am deaf and burned from grinding with my chop saw.

The metal saw blade will also make you deaf, so definitely wear some ear pro! But the cuts are so smooth and not very hot.