Mineral Basin Sun. Oct. 27th

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Braden (aka RockMonkey) and I will be cruising up Mineral Basin tomorrow afternoon if any are interested. We're going to be at the parking lot sometime between 1:00 and 1:30. No need to meet at any certain time though. Just make your way to Mineral Basin and we'll see ya there. This is part of our "cone therapy" program. :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I'm gonna see if I can take out some cones with the trailer on the way down to American Fork. It's been a few weeks now since I hit a cone...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
You must have been in the Cruiser or the Sammy? Had fun talk'n to ya. Yeah the Scout guy was up there with a buddy in an exploder. They chained the mount back up to the frame and were slowly sdriving it out. We stopped and talked to them for a minute, and they were in good spirits, and didn't think they would have any more problems with it. The rock garden sure was dissapointingly easy, wasn't it?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by BlackSheep
Was the rock garden bypass still closed off?? Or did somebody tear through our handiwork??

Good question!

Wh should get up there before the deep snow hits and roll some big rocks into the Rockgarden, so Winter and next spring will have a bit of help with creating a pleasing Obstacle.

Jeromy

Just thought i would say hi, and i was up mineral basin a couple of weeks ago. We met up with a whole bunch of other 4x4s and atvs that were trying to figure out how to get around. We told them that the bypass was closed.... they eventualy went up the rock garden but they were mad. They couldent understand why it was closed. One comment was "Its not posted so its not closed". They didnt belive me.

We need to get the forest service to put a sign up so peaple dont undo all of your hard work. Just thought i would let ya know.

Jeromy

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Jeromy
We met up with a whole bunch of other 4x4s and atvs that were trying to figure out how to get around. We told them that the bypass was closed.... they eventualy went up the rock garden but they were mad.
Jeromy

Right on, you guys did good. It continually amazes me when some people don't see anything wrong with doing damage to stuff, just because there is not a sign telling them not to. Morons...

Last edited:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
It kills me....

here is some dude with a 4 wheel drive, 700cc top of the line ATV, and he doesn't want to drive it over a couple of rocks.....

I don't get it. The rock garden has a very easy line through it. A nice little S turn that any ATV should be able to do with a blindfolded driver.

Why buy a rig if you don't intend to use it?????

am I stupid or what???

wait, don't answer that :D

jd

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by BlackSheep
Was the rock garden bypass still closed off?? Or did somebody tear through our handiwork??

Not only was it still closed, but it looks like ti was never there! You guys did a great job replanting it, and fencing it off. All the users have been going up through the rock garden, which has taken a toll. People have moved all the rocks around and it has become much easier. The challenge line to the left is pretty much gone. Hopefully spring will bring some of the challenge back.