Mineral Basin

cajack

Just exploring some roads today as I am relatively new to this area. Went up Mineral Basin and had alot of fun. Nice trail. However I chickened out at the Slant obstacle. Was by myself and just did not feel comfortable. So what are your thought about this part of the trail? By the way saw 3 Razors further down the trial. No other 4x4's.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It's a pretty good challenge, IMO.... and yeah, there are some places that get your attention! It's probably one of those trails that's best traveled with a friend, just in case!

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Mineral got a lot less fun for me when Brett told me all the good obstacles on the switchbacks were technically off trail.

What are you calling The Slant? The tilty slab on the switchbacks or the soggy washout on the shelf road?

cajack

Mineral got a lot less fun for me when Brett told me all the good obstacles on the switchbacks were technically off trail.

What are you calling The Slant? The tilty slab on the switchbacks or the soggy washout on the shelf road?

18.1.jpg

this one. Just a bit too off camber for me on Saturday.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Could you be a bit more specific about what you liked about Mineral Basin please Kevin? I'm considering a trip there soon-ish.

Better make it very soonish, or you'll be waiting until next July.

It's a great drive though. Seems like it normally has less traffic than Forest Lake.

cajack

Lots more rocks and more of a challenge than Forest Lake. Other than a small rock patch at the first of the trail Forest Lake is pretty tame. Better scenery. Other trials right there that need to be explored like Miller Hill and Mary Ellen Gulch (both of which I have yet to do). Forest Lake does have the lake at the end, but it's more of a pond. Not real spectacular.