mini build thread: rhino-con

pkrfctr

Well a few people have asked that I do a thread on the changes I'm making to the jeep so here we go.
Why rhino-con? I like rhinos and its a Rubicon. The plan: stretch the rear axle back 5 inches and high line all the fenders. The end goal will be to run 60's but I won't get there with this build. The insperation is larry's rig at poison spyder.
Pulled off the rocker guards and sold the front fenders.
Over the weekend I got the Mac cold air intake installed. This turns the cowl into the air box. Its a great kit, well thought out. Its a true cold air intake. I don't really care about that, I just needed the real estate under the hood.

Ordered the poison spyder hi line fenders with 3inch flares and the inner fender kit. I wanted the aluminum ones but they are still a few months out so I went with the steel ones.
Also have the gen right aluminum rear corners on the way and their rear bumper with the receiver hitch. Someone buy my BDO bumper.

Mitch at Unl Fab will be doing the stretch. I don't weld so he's taking care of it. I'll be doing the 'bolt on' stuff. Pic to come as we progress.

The current pics are the intake install.

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 60
  • scoop2.jpg
    scoop2.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 62
  • scoop3.jpg
    scoop3.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 57
  • scoop4.jpg
    scoop4.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 53
  • scoop5.jpg
    scoop5.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 50
  • scoop1.jpg
    scoop1.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

pkrfctr

poison spyder front fenders just arrived. Dropped them off to Mitch to modify and should have them bolted on this weekend.

Attachments

• front fender.jpg
    front fender.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 28
  • front fender1.jpg
    front fender1.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 28

pkrfctr

Hood is cut down 3 inches off either side. Let me tell you taking a cutting wheel to your hood is nerve racking.

Attachments

• cut hood2.jpg
    cut hood2.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 27
  • cuthood.jpg
    cuthood.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2013-05-10 09.11.39.jpg
    2013-05-10 09.11.39.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 26

pkrfctr

Here's the inner fenders assembled as well as the front fenders back from Mitch. Had him fill anywhere mud could build up,they should come this way!

Attachments

• 2013-05-10 09.11.49.jpg
    2013-05-10 09.11.49.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 22
  • filledfend.jpg
    filledfend.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 30

pkrfctr

Fenders on, still need to adjust everything and put on the hood trim but its about there. I was able to retain the stock washer bottle, just had to move it a little.
Also got the back stripped of the fender flairs and inner wheel wells.

Attachments

• fenderinstal.jpg
    fenderinstal.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 30
  • inner assem.jpg
    inner assem.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 26
  • washer bottle.jpg
    washer bottle.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 23

pkrfctr

The axle is stretched back about 5 inches. Still waiting for the new rear corner armor. Once its here ill finish cutting everything to match.

Attachments

• stretch1.jpg
    stretch1.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 26
  • stretch.jpg
    stretch.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 22
  • stretch3.jpg
    stretch3.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 28

pkrfctr

Ok everything is buttoned up except the drive line and rear corners. Still waiting for both to get here.
Got the hood trim from McMaster Carr for a few dollars, really cleaned up that edge. Pulled the front fenders back off to readjust them and get everything lined up good. Lengthened the brake line. Moved the evap canister back. Replaced both track bars with new prototype bushings! Tied up all the other loose ends.as soon as the rear fenders get here its off to paint. Thinking that new ford copper\rusty color? Thoughts?

Attachments

• finalhood3.jpg
    finalhood3.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 32
  • finalhood2.jpg
    finalhood2.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 24
  • finalhood.jpg
    finalhood.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 33