Moab 4x4 Expo

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone else heard about this and thinking about attending? https://moab4x4expo.com/

Sounds like it's going to try compete with EJS, have a vendors show and a bunch of organized trail runs, many lead by well known industry guys.

Full-Spread-Celebrities-Wide-3-1536x845.jpg

Moab-4x4-Expo-Ford-update-1-1536x839.jpg

Coco

I am worried what type of crowd this event would bring in... If they keep with trail etiquette, and tread lightly, and are respectful of other non-participants, (of course local town laws too) this could be a great success. IDK though. Curious how it will do. Wish them the best, but just hope it isn't going to hurt future events, locals, or other recreationalists.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Umm, isn't this just Moab's version of Trail Hero?

Am I missing where they are helping with land use as part of the event?

I like the idea of the expo, but at the same time, I tend to support events that give back to land use in the area, RR4W, W4X4J, etc

Oh no, capitalism! If you think Trail Hero doesn't give back to land use just because they don't write a check, that's pretty short-sighted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also jealous that Lil Rich gets to wheel for a living and run one event a year.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Oh no, capitalism! If you think Trail Hero doesn't give back to land use just because they don't write a check, that's pretty short-sighted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also jealous that Lil Rich gets to wheel for a living and run one event a year.
:rolleyes:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ok, lets play nice.

Hi Nate, please illustrate to the group how trail hero contributes to land use. I am currently unaware of anything.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
They've got Fins N Things as a blue and Top Of The World as a green. I haven't been on FNT recently but TotW isn't what I'd call a green trail.

I guess I'm not up on my celebrities...I don't recognize any of those names. 🤷‍♂️

Fred Williams is the Dirt Every Day guy. Frank Mir is a fighter. I don't know any of the others either, but I don't follow the competition scene very close.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Tanner Faust is a rally driver and was/is in the US version of Top Gear. I don't know if it's still a thing but initially he was the only one with much driving ability and I enjoyed him. It's been YEARS though so who knows what he's become.