Moab 4x4 Outpost project: Pester Buggy refresh

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Just thought I'd share some progress pics of whats been going on with my buggy this winter.

I had a few annoying fixes that needed attention plus a few extra's that I think were needed. After a brief moment of thinking I would take care of things myself, I came to the realisation that if I wanted sh!t to be done right and look clean I'd better not attempt this in MY garage. So I called Steve @ Moab 4x4 Outpost.

This is the only shop that I trusted with my "Precious" and I knew steve would not rip me off. On top of that I wanted to support a small town shop that could probably use the extra income during the slow offseason in Moab.

So here are the progress pics:

First on the agenda was adding air bumps.

Drivers rear air bump

picture.php

Passengers side tacked in

picture.php

View of both

picture.php

Another couple shots of the rear bumps

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
I am really stoked on the fact that they were able to fit the front air bumps in. Looking at it a number of times and seeing how crowded it is up front, I didn't think it was possible, but Steve and company figured it out.

Drivers front air bump:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I agree, the pics suck, so I will have to go off what I saw when I was down at M40 a few weeks ago. Steve is a great guy and does great work.

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
After continually being made fun of by...well, by Kiel... about a perfectly functional gas tank tie down system...I decided that I may as well address the issue with a decent gas tank mounting system. Again, I could have never made this pure bitchin' radicalness myself.

Before:

picture.php

picture.php

After:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Next up, I wanted to address the tranny and transfer case. The tranny needed a rebuild, it had a slow leak and I wanted to replace the Lokar shifter with a Winter's shifter. I also figured I would have a reverse manual valve body installed while it was apart.

While there was nothing wrong with the Dana 300 twin stick transfercase that was in the buggy, I wanted something that I wont have to worry about. So I went with the 3.0 Atlas.....since it was apart. I've never had an Atlas in any of my rigs so I'm pretty excited to see how it works.

Seats and floors torn out and you can see the tranny fluid pooled in the belly

picture.php

picture.php

M40 had to cut some tube out to make the Atlas go in

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Bart

Great to see that you're supporting Steve and M4O. Those guys rock and do great work also. Rig is lookin good.

rondo

rondo
Those guys are talented and do great work. Plus the times i've been down there in Moab for the inevitable emergency help (always for a friend in the group of course of course) they were super friendly, professional, and didn't rip us off :)

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
Next thing I had them look at is the dash and gauges. I got tired of busting knuckles when shifting on the the big bulky diamond plate box that was in the buggy. I just wanted them to build something simple and low profile.

Here is what it looked like before

picture.php

picture.php

And I'm really happy with what they came up with

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: