moab area bfe

fordy4

I was just out there a couple weekends ago. Real easy to find the gate, but it was kind of hard to see any real "trails", except for helldorado. Lots of stuff to play on though.

RufftyTuffty

Green Day is a tough trail, left up the hill from Hellorado start.

Suicidal Tendencies an impossible trail just after Hellorado start on the right (up the cliff).

Minor tread is suppose to be close to these...but i've not run it yet.

http://www.areabfe.com/trails.php

Drop into Moab 4x4 and speak to Steve...he'll hook you up.

~Mike

Last edited:

kirk86CJ

I did Green Day about a month ago. It had some harder stuff, and lots, and lots of obstacles where I could see tracks, but I didn't try. I would think about anyone could find plenty of places to challenge yourself. We tried to do Strike Ravine, but most of the time I wondered if I was even on the trail. (first time out there) The sign for Green Day was the first one I actually saw (besides Helldorado) Even after seeing the sign, I wasn't sure some of the time if I was on the right part of the trail. It was pretty cool though - just seems like it hasn't been used a whole lot.

The signs kind of blend in with the surroundings - easy to overlook.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Like Kirk said, Green Day is fun, I'd probably rate it about a 4, but there are lots of optional obstacles and climbs off it that would rate higher. Helldorado is definately a step above, tougher than any of the 4+ Safari trails, but doable in a well set up trail rig. Expect some body damage. Walk it first (its pretty short) to make sure its something your rig is set up for. The last waterfall is winch only for almost everyone. There are some other trails also, but I'm not sure how many are marked yet (its been about 3 months since I've been out there). Strike Ravine is fun (about a 3.5 or 4), and is longer than the BFE trails, and only a small portion of it is actually on BFE grounds. It is pretty much impossible to follow the "official" route unless you have done it before or are with someone that has.

mswasey

Bronco Molester
Where exactly is the sign and beginning of Green Day from where you start into the first obstacle of Upper Heldorado?

kirk86CJ said:
I did Green Day about a month ago. It had some harder stuff, and lots, and lots of obstacles where I could see tracks, but I didn't try. I would think about anyone could find plenty of places to challenge yourself. We tried to do Strike Ravine, but most of the time I wondered if I was even on the trail. (first time out there) The sign for Green Day was the first one I actually saw (besides Helldorado) Even after seeing the sign, I wasn't sure some of the time if I was on the right part of the trail. It was pretty cool though - just seems like it hasn't been used a whole lot.

The signs kind of blend in with the surroundings - easy to overlook.

XJEEPER

Green Day starts at the top of the hill , North of where Upper Helldorado starts. Drive straight up the hill and right on top, just before the trail turns West, you'll see the sigh on the right that's hard to miss.

The trail is marked with survey tape on the trees and brush but it is a little vague as it's a new trail. I didn't run it all the way out as I needed to meet a group coming off BTR for our BBQ, but it's a fun trail that I'd rate a 4 with some + stuff.
My avatar is from Green Day.....for an example of the terrain.

JParriott

THREESIX
Hello everyone. We are working on getting some new trail indications up at the ranch. It is super difficult to keep them established. There is so much traffic now that simple painted on markers get scrubbed off in a matter of weeks. Soon we'll have some GPS points posted along with maps. I hope to have something like this established over the next couple months. Thanks for being patient.

P.S. Suicidal has been done. We are however closing that trail. The errosion
created if it ever gets used frequently would cause some real issues for the future.

Trlsrider

Hey guys-I'm the new guy living at Area BFE. I am always up for going out on the trails and showing guys and especially cute gals the fantastic trails Jeremy has at Area BFE. I will be on a trials bike but love to watch you guys 4-wheeling so please feel free to stop at my motorhome at the entrance to Area BFE.

RufftyTuffty

Hello everyone. We are working on getting some new trail indications up at the ranch. It is super difficult to keep them established. There is so much traffic now that simple painted on markers get scrubbed off in a matter of weeks. Soon we'll have some GPS points posted along with maps. I hope to have something like this established over the next couple months. Thanks for being patient.

Coming up in a couple of weeks with a small group of buggies / built rigs are there any updates?

Also, a pointers for finding Black Flag and Britney?

~Mike