Archived moab easter 2009 with Sexton Off Road group

4554x4

always modifing something
I rode with Steve (EB101) on the Sexton Off Road group this Easter. I would have loved to have taken the Blazer, but my pickup that I tow with has a questionable engine that I hope to resolve soon.

Steves Bronco has a great combination of parts. It did extremely well. It went everywhere he wanted it to go, and a couple of places he wish he hadn't. It climbed a couple of places that the high dollar Scorpions struggled with. (they were cool too.)

What a top quality group of guys! Dusty Sexton and Carl (Team Fred) are great to hang out with, and are great spotters. We had more than our share of good eats at their condo. They are very generous.

Laura Sexton was the official photographer on this trip, and I hope she finds the time to add her photos also. I have seen Laura wheel before, and I would look silly next to her. (She learned from the best.)

Sorry I am bad with names. We wheeled with many top quality guys that were so helpfull if you had breakage or needed advice. I rode with Carl on about half of Pritchett, and he is so humble about his skills. I was riding with a professional competition driver and he was so willing to share about how he built his rig, and how I could improve the Blazer. Dont be fooled about how his rig looked. It works great!

I would highly recommend Sexton Off Road for your off road needs.

Check out my pics. feel free to add your pics also. Wayne

http://photobucket.com/4554x4moabeaster2009

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Yeah, 7th through the 13th... I lost Dusty's number and by the time he got my email I already had plans to run Pritchett on Sunday and BFE on Monday :(

7th Metal Masher
8th Hell's Revenge/PSH
9th U4 booth/RME night run on Hell's
10th Pritchett/U4 booth
11th Behind the rocks
12th Moab Rim, Pritchett
13th Area BFE

Last edited:

EB101

What a great trip!
3 tip overs, one dana 60 r/p, a swaybar link, a fuel pump, and a ruptured fuel cell. Not bad for a few days wheeling BFE and Pritchet. That's between about 6 rigs, 3 broncos and 3 jeeps.

Bronco Mama would be proud. I destroyed both front glass fenders (in seperate incidents), a windshield frame, and put the trade mark upper rear corner panel dings in all in one trip.

Even my wife didn't get too upset when I told here I destoyed a couple of fenders and under my breath a soft top. I am not real proud to admit my flop was in the middle of the road.. It was Pritchett though. And all that was after we took on escalator, potato salad, hells gate and most of green day. The 92 inch wheel base and our relatively inexperienced driver (me) helped the EB flop over on a silly step in the road.
The yellow bronco just rolled back over, shook itself off and looked at as us as if to say.. "Lets go play some more"

4554x4's link above has a ton of great pictures in it. Here's a few of mine.

These first few are from the Gate Keeper at BFE, first thing in the AM and right after some rain everything was real slick.
P1000625.jpg

P1000628.jpg

P1000635.jpg

P1000638.jpg

Skinny Pedal and his horse Fred
P1000666.jpg

Bad timing for a sway bar link to fail
P1000732.jpg

Nate in his extremely capable jeep
P1000723.jpg

A silly bump in the road .. this is when my camera broke, my pride got hurt and the kick outs on the sliders saved the entire rear quarter
DSCF3709.jpg

-Steve

Last edited:

Bart

Carl and Dusty are first rate guys and great wheelers. I'm sad I had to leave before they really got to wheel. Oh well, next time.

Bronco Mama would be proud. I destroyed both front glass fenders (in seperate incidents), a windshield frame, and put the trade mark upper rear corner panel dings in all in one trip.

Even my wife didn't get too upset when I told here I destoyed a couple of fenders and under my breath a soft top. I am not real proud to admit my flop was in the middle of the road.. It was Pritchett though. And all that was after we took on escalator, potato salad, hells gate and most of green day. The 92 inch wheel base and our relatively inexperienced driver (me) helped the EB flop over on a silly step in the road.
The yellow bronco just rolled back over, shook itself off and looked at as us as if to say.. "Lets go play some more"

-Steve
Way to go Steve!! :bow: Just for the record, unmolested body panels are highly over-rated and that's one cute girl you've got there. :cool: