Topic of Discussion Moab in a Car

UT410

RME's Holistic Healer
Supporting Member
We're down in Moab for the weekend and I was wondering about taking the some scenic routes.

Do you all have any suggestions for exploring Moab in a car?

Hickey

The Dark One
Supporting Member
We're down in Moab for the weekend and I was wondering about taking the some scenic routes.

Do you all have any suggestions for exploring Moab in a car?
What kind of car?

Anticline/Needles Overlook. About 25/30 miles south of town. I really think the Grand Canyon sucks in comparison.

Potash road to the end.

Sand Flats road as far as you feel comfortable.

Greg

Starting Over
Admin
What kind of car, AWD? :D The National Parks, IMO.... Southern Canyonlands is neat, Deadhorse Point for views (but this smoke may kill that). Drive the La Sal Loop road, it's pretty neat.... but the fire in the La Sals may effect what's open?

mike thurston

If it’s open, the LaSal Loop Road is a scenic drive. It starts near the old airport south of Moab and comes out in Castle Valley. You could also drive Hwy 128 out to Cisco, Hwy 279 down to the Potash Boat ramp (possibly even continue up the Shafer Trail), or Hwy 313 out to Dead Horse Point. You could even drive through Sandflats and connect in with the Loop Road depending on the car you’re in. It’s generally a graded gravel road with a few washboards.

UT410

RME's Holistic Healer
Supporting Member
PSX_20210808_140146.jpg

We ended up hitting Sand Flats early and did some walking around, brought the kids by the petroglyphs and Dino tracks on Potash (my daughter couldn't remember seeing them (she was littler)), doing lunch at Milt's and hanging out by the pool (their highlight).

Thanks for the suggestions, if it was clearer/fresher air, I probably would have done the loop. I got voted out of any car trips promptly.

All in all it was good to get out of the air in the valley. It wasn't perfect but it was better, for sure.