Moab in a SXS??

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
So i have some friends coming down from Canada to run Moab in a SXS for a couple days. I have zero side by side experience.

He is bringing a stock 4seat and a stock 2 seat rzr.

My question is for those with sxs experience, what trails would you recommend for these machines?

Thanks!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
From what I've seen side by sides usually keep up well, the only time I see them struggle is with steep climbs like the the drop at Gold Bar Rim or the one on Steel bender. A lot of that comes down to driver experience and how brave they are. ;) Fins and things, Hell's revenge and Poison Spider are great they usually don't need any help on them. Seven mile rim is great, wipeout hill is interesting if you start over there.

Ashcat

Stock? If they haven't already, scrap the sway bars. Those 2 seaters lift a tire any chance they get. I saw a lot of stock 4 seaters 2 years ago at the jamboree have a lot more success than the short buses.

In a 2 seat 570, I ran Hells Revenge (didn't dare the 2 different slots with that short bastard) it did great and I tackled the 2 smaller tubs. Next day we ran Poison Spider and part of Gold Bar rim looping back to PS. Launch pad was fine but beyond Where Eagles Dare, those climbs were sketchy with the short WB and stiff ass sway bars. We made it but I pinched a lot of seat to keep it right side up. I attempted Moab Rim but that 3 wheelin SOB just wouldn't have it over Devils Crack. So I gave up.

ChestonScout

Cool. Thanks guys

I figured Hells Revenge would be a good one. Im excited to see what they can do.

Its gonna be weird after being used to 54" tires im sure

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
I have a 4 seat RZR XP 1000. IMHO the wheelbase is perfect for Moab. Due to the 29" tires, skid plates are a MUST...they will be used :D. Mine has 6 seats so I take the whole family. We have done most of the trails in Moab numerous times. Fins, Hells, Steel Bender, Trifecta, Moab Rim, Cliffhanger, 7 mile rim, Behind the Rocks (not for the inexperienced!!!), Kane Creek...we really don't shy away from most trails (well...except Pritchett...haha). Use the low gear and 4wd and you will be able to get over most obstacles. Let me know if you have any questions...or if you ever need a guide! ;)

ChestonScout

Thats awesome.

He was going to put aftermarket skid plates on it for this trip but they didnt show in time. Should be waiting at home to cover up all the damage. ;)

lhracing

My son and I were in Moab last fall with our XP1000's (2 seat) and did fine. We did the usual Fins and things, Hells including Hells Gate as well as Moab Rim and Kane Creek. There was some use of the skid plates but all was fine.

IMG_1087.JPG

MattL

Stock? If they haven't already, scrap the sway bars. Those 2 seaters lift a tire any chance they get. I saw a lot of stock 4 seaters 2 years ago at the jamboree have a lot more success than the short buses.

In a 2 seat 570, I ran Hells Revenge (didn't dare the 2 different slots with that short bastard) it did great and I tackled the 2 smaller tubs. Next day we ran Poison Spider and part of Gold Bar rim looping back to PS. Launch pad was fine but beyond Where Eagles Dare, those climbs were sketchy with the short WB and stiff ass sway bars. We made it but I pinched a lot of seat to keep it right side up. I attempted Moab Rim but that 3 wheelin SOB just wouldn't have it over Devils Crack. So I gave up.

How is the 570 do compared with others? Why did you choose the 570 vs other motor sizes.

ChestonScout

We ran fins And things today

We had a 4 seat rzr 1000 but his dad wouldnt part with his 2 seater for a week so he brought the old yamaha rhino for me

I had fun in the rhino but it has zero suspension and pretty short. Front felt light on a couple climbs. Sure cover ground faster than im used to though

Ashcat

How is the 570 do compared with others? Why did you choose the 570 vs other motor sizes.

It was a rental/impulse so it was cost.

I haven't driven anything else but was with Coreshot and his Wildcat **** I was impressed with what his otherwise stock rig could do. At that time his was stock, no sways (do they come with them?) and 30" or 31" tires. Impressive ground clearance, traction and stability. The 570 kept up with him but I felt it was narrow, low and the sway bars were a nightmare. Power was decent in high range, low range would go anywhere, it had plenty of bite and good turning radius. Top speed was 65. It'd kick loose no problem in sand or dirt when you want to get sideways and you could even chirp the tires for sport if you wanted to show off on the slick rock.