Moab SXS tour

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Somewhere in my head, during a weak moment, I thought it would be cool to show some family and friends around Moab this upcoming weekend.

Here is the problem, they have SXS's. A Kawasaki Mule and Teryx. The machines themselves are pretty much out of the box,

I know these are pretty capable rigs and it should be a great weekend, but I am hoping to get some input from you guys (especially the SXS converts) for places to take them and other places to keep them away from.

In my head, I think Gemini Bridges would be a nice ride. I would like to show them Fins & Things, and if that goes well, take them on Hells Revenge (tip toe anyways). I see a ton of SXS out towards Poison Spider and they would get a kick out of the over look...

Any other ideas?

I guess I am hoping for a happy medium between long, dusty, bumpy, dirt roads, and trails that will break their rigs that I will have to fix then hear about for the next eternity at every holiday and family get together... :D

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
You know that is one I have never actually done,

I will put it on the list! Can't you see Dead Horse from the end of that one?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I think with 72 views and one courtesy response, (Thank you Bart, you always have my back)

I think you all are thinking the same thing I am feeling now...

WTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH were you thinking!!!

Maybe I skip the trailer and trail rigs and just wheel the tow rig... :rofl:

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I stopped going to Moab over UEA due to the crowds. I've seen sxs's on every trail I've done down there.

Gemini bridges and the canyon below it are fun. Chicken Corners would be fun too.

If they are descent drivers, Poison Spider can be a blast, but they may not like you after if they are easily intimidated. 7 mile rim might be better, with tons of roads in the area to explore.

Bart

Hahaha, always there to help. BTW, the only time I've done Chicken Corners was in my buddies 2016 PowerStroke. Scenic and easy, with some cool wind caves to explore when you get close to the river.

I think with 72 views and one courtesy response, (Thank you Bart, you always have my back)

Maybe I skip the trailer and trail rigs and just wheel the tow rig... :rofl:

smfulle

Here's a few videos I made this summer about Gemini Bridges, Hurrah Pass (1st half of Chicken Corners), and Tuscher Tunnel. Not so much trail reviews as destination reviews. For just plain gob smacking scenery Hurrah Pass is one of my favorites. None of these three rides are particulary challenging, but they are fun. Tuscher Tunnel is a little farther out and the ride is a little less interesting, but I still enjoyed it very much.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Here's a few videos I made this summer about Gemini Bridges, Hurrah Pass (1st half of Chicken Corners), and Tuscher Tunnel. Not so much trail reviews as destination reviews. For just plain gob smacking scenery Hurrah Pass is one of my favorites. None of these three rides are particulary challenging, but they are fun. Tuscher Tunnel is a little farther out and the ride is a little less interesting, but I still enjoyed it very much.

This is awesome, Thank you!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Just to follow up.

First half of Fins and Things went well, so we decided to give Hell's Revenge a shot.

Hell's went well out to the overlook. I had to make three trips up Hell's gate to give everyone a ride and let them get filmed.

Decided to go out through the alternate route on the way out that skips the hot tubs and come out by the escalator and tip over challenge. (No desire to fight the flow of going back out the in...)

Everything went pretty smooth until we got to rumble trouble. I don't remember that really being an obstacle but it was pretty chewed up and it gave the SXS a bit of hell... I ended up driving one of them down for them, :D

That was enough playing in the rain and ended the day.

The next two days included top and bottom of Gemini Bridges, a trail rig only (no sxs) run up to the top of Moab Rim, and No trail rig run up to Dead Horse Point.

Kind of fun to do something different in Moab, I hadn't been to Dead Horse Point since the early 90's so it was fun to be there again. Definitely did more hiking than I have done down there in a long time.

I will admit I will think twice before going down on UEA again, crowded like Jeep safari, but with a LOT less trail etiquette.