Moab; Top of the World and Rose Garden Hill

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Took a quick trip to Moab yesterday, these Summer monsoons have created pretty decent weather considering the time of year. I hit Top of the World first, then worked my way over to Rose Garden Hill and eventually out by way of Onion Creek. It was quite the adventure, my rock sliders, t-case skidplate and several other parts were heavily abused... ended up denting my rear driveshaft and even managed to scrape the body of one of my Falcon shocks! Probably shouldn't have gone out by myself... but I survived. :D Fortunately I have a replacement rear driveshaft that I picked up over a year ago... I knew that at some point it would come in handy!

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Cool video [emoji106]I've never been there, but it's on my list

Thanks Derek! Both trails are quite fun, a bit rough but the reward is well worth the challenge at the end of Top of the World! I've camped out at the top before, it was a blast. Would be fun to combine it with a Kokopelli 4x4 trip next Spring. ;)

Did you know there was no bottom to that ledge before you drove out on it?

Yeah, I had a pretty good idea... I got out and looked before I dropped off. It's quite deceiving, the top part of the ledge is dug out from people going up and that makes the breakover even worse, when your rear tires fall into that hole right after the fronts drop off. I could have tried stacking rocks and building a ramp to get over it without trouble, but thought it wouldn't be too bad. It was worse that I thought. :rofl: I tossed some bigger rocks under the tires, could have used the TRED traction mats or the winch, but rocks were closer and less effort. :)

RogueJeepr

Here!
I liked the going over the edge views. Good stuff.[emoji41]
Last time I was there it was extremely windy and coming from every direction. So we didn't get near the edge.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk