South-East Utah Moab trip- feb 10-14 2018

Skippyrock

Hello all, I’m new here. I joined up because I’m going to be in moab from feb 10-14th in 2018. I’m looking to see if anyone wants to wheel with me on those dates. I’m heading out with my wife from New York. This is a dream trip and I’d love to have someone to wheel with. I’ll do any trails. I have a 11 jkur on 37s on a 4 inch lift. I also have a winch. I will Be trailering the Jeep out. I’m on my phone so I can’t post a pic of my Jeep :-/

Bobby

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hey Bobby, welcome to RME! Early February is off season for Moab and most people out playing, but you never know.... you may find someone to join you! What trails do you have in mind?

Be cautious of snow on the Slickrock, you may think that you'll have plenty of traction but it seems without fail that every Winter someone in Moab rolls a 4x4 because a spot of snow on a off-camber part of the trail.

Skippyrock

Thanks for the info on the snow. I have heard that. This is the only time of year my wife can get off so I figured I’ll give it a shot. If there’s snow we will stick to easy trails. I don’t have a set plan on the trails I want to run yet. Im thinking hells revenge, chicken corners, rusty nail to golden spike.(if I can find someone to go with) Any trails you recommend? I want to make sure to do some scenic stuff and technical stuff.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I think the trails you mentioned are good, with a JKU on 37's you'll be able to run most trails in Moab without much issue. I like Cliffhanger and the Moab Rim, but the Moab Rim is probably a trail you should only do with a knowledgeable spotter and NO snow... that trail is on the North side in the shade and if it has snowed, it won't melt. Doesn't help that the trail leans towards the cliff, either! :D Kane Creek is another fun one, the little creek may be frozen over in parts in Feburary!

Another challenging trail you should look into is the Pickle... I haven't ran it in my JKU yet, but it's pretty fun.