Modest Mouse

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
The songs I heard before we left were good. I have been a fan of them since 1995, but not even that could keep me at this horrible event. Nothing brings out a more hipster phediphile looking crowd then a free concert downtown. I have never seen more dudes wearing capris, stocking caps, and upturned mustaches, then last night. It was wall to wall people, twice as bad as any concert I have ever been to. I told Kori before we went in I wish it had a ticket price of 50 bucks, that would have kept the crowds down. I will never again go to the pioneer park twilight series. We left 3 songs into modest mouse:-\

EROK81?

Sell out
My wife said the same thing about wishing it was a pay event. That place was a massive joke. We left at about 930 and had to actually wait 10 minutes in line to LEAVE!

At one point people tore the fence down and piled in...the next time it was torn down people piled out. Completely unbelievable.

One of the news stations said 40k were there.

And the crowd that was there...I thought the KSL comments section made me sad for the future...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I almost went to this.. I've liked them about as long as Kiel... but man do they appeal to hipster f**ks!! I guess I'll just listen in the privacy of my own home/vehicle. :D

I don't like being in crowds, much less crowds of hipsters. :mad:

Thanks for the report though, Kiel.

jdub

Scrambler
I went, had fun. Hipsters or no hipsters.

I saw a cat fight I guess, I didn't know the gender.

I thought they sounded good, and after my Black and Blue burger was amazing while I waited for the drunks to go for a drive.

The one thing that bugged me was all of the second hand smoke. I'm pretty sure I was the only one -that I could see- not smoking a cig all the time.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
the kremlin went and texted this report:

"Twilight is crazy dude. F*cking massive! ! Thousands upon thousand's! ! I'm. Drunk and lost on the crowed."

:rofl:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
the kremlin went and texted this report:

"Twilight is crazy dude. F*cking massive! ! Thousands upon thousand's! ! I'm. Drunk and lost on the crowed."

:rofl:

Ben is that crowds mascot, maybe thats why I left after an hour:rolleyes:

jdub

Scrambler
All I can think about is prepositional phrases. Why upon and on? Or that drunk? Was he in the trees?

Last edited:

hedonist

Supporting Member
i went...it WAS a madhouse so we sat outside on the lawn and listened with a case of beer:)
Had plenty of room and could hear pretty well.Don't think I'll be back though, too many damn people. I remember when it was fun:(

redXJ

Thats what she said
I was there too. I will agree the park was too small for the event. we waited in line just to get 5 people from getting. They stopped letting people in because people tore the fence down and rushed in. Then we watched lots and lots of people go out. so we waited 30 more mins then the fence got ripped down again so we ran in. we heard two songs then it was over. best part was playing hacky sac with strangers at the gateway after. I will be at the she and him. I will bring a camping chair and sit out side of the fenced off area.