Trip Report Montrose, CO w/ the MFFW

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I crashed the party yesterday at the Moab Friends For Wheelin' trip to Montrose, Colorado with Jeff & Susan Stevens, Melissa & Melaine, Bart Jacobs, Larry, Ron & Sharry Roundtree and another local couple Ken and his wife, in a well-built Buggy. I was just out there for one day, but was pretty impressed by the Montrose trail system. Just a quick trip for me, so not a ton of pics.

i-bPbvzbm-L.jpg

i-s52SvGM-L.jpg

i-HtxJqDP-L.jpg

i-wwvGL6b-L.jpg

i-qBX44NW-L.jpg

i-HS2BND5-L.jpg

i-kVT2QWj-L.jpg

i-xbXtW4m-L.jpg

i-2n3MpT3-L.jpg

i-Kt6w6pT-L.jpg

i-ZBnxFSm-L.jpg

Last edited:

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Greg, good to see you and Bart again. We ran Die Trying and Death Row today, they are both great trails. We missed you Jason! I'd definitley be up for an RME trip sometime.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Looks like a great trip!

The MFFW crew is a great group. I am pretty sure they make those trails look a little easier than they are for the rest of us!

Bart

Can't say enough good things about the MFFW group, they are experienced wheelers and just plain fun to hang out with. Greg, I'm glad you could come over for Saturday and still can't believe you hadn't been there before. Of course the day I have a passenger my rig has problems on the trail. First, the sensor or something went bad and my fan quit working. I was able to rig a hot wire from my running light switch to help with that. Then a bit further up the trail I had an oil line from my oil cooler blow and drench everything. It took a while to diagnose the problem but we made a fix and managed the rest of the trail without problems.

Sunday was a much a better day and I had zero problems on the trail. We did Die Trying and it was a blast. I had been to Montrose 6 times previously, but that was 12 years ago, and DT was the trail I really wanted to get back to. It has changed a LOT. Harder in a few places and easier in many. Still, it did not disappoint. Since I had a long drive home I elected not to stay for Death Row. Glad to hear it went well.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Greg, good to see you and Bart again. We ran Die Trying and Death Row today, they are both great trails. We missed you Jason! I'd definitley be up for an RME trip sometime.

It's always a good day when I'm on the trail with your group, Jeff!

Can't say enough good things about the MFFW group, they are experienced wheelers and just plain fun to hang out with. Greg, I'm glad you could come over for Saturday and still can't believe you hadn't been there before. Of course the day I have a passenger my rig has problems on the trail. First, the sensor or something went bad and my fan quit working. I was able to rig a hot wire from my running light switch to help with that. Then a bit further up the trail I had an oil line from my oil cooler blow and drench everything. It took a while to diagnose the problem but we made a fix and managed the rest of the trail without problems.

Sunday was a much a better day and I had zero problems on the trail. We did Die Trying and it was a blast. I had been to Montrose 6 times previously, but that was 12 years ago, and DT was the trail I really wanted to get back to. It has changed a LOT. Harder in a few places and easier in many. Still, it did not disappoint. Since I had a long drive home I elected not to stay for Death Row. Glad to hear it went well.

Thanks for the seat on Saturday, Bart. It was fun, I'm glad the fixes were relatively easy and you were able to continue wheeling on Sunday.

I do need to finish a rig that's capable of those trails and spend more time out there getting to know them. :oops:

Last edited: