More land use issues--- this time by our state gov

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Thank you for reaching out and voicing your position on this bill. After hearing SB67 this evening in the House Transportation Committee, I supported holding the bill because of the questions that were raised. I will keep your concerns in mind as the bill comes up for further consideration.

Sincerely,

Representative Susan Pulsipher

Utah House of Representatives

District 45

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Relevant bits:

1707356471090.png

1707356491311.png

I'm a proponent of open travel. I believe that as long as the traveller isn't infringing on the property owners rights (leaving trash, damaging property, etc) all land should be open to travel and the property owner should need to provide a clear and compelling reason otherwise (and "I'm a selfish jerk that doesn't want you travelling on 'my' property" doesn't cut it). We don't have the legal principle of allemansrätten here in the US and these class D roads are about as close as we get. We all cross private property on rarely used class D roads all the time, and this loss would be devastating. This legislation is terrible.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Thank you for your email and sharing your concerns with me. I appreciate you and your engagement in the legislative process.

SB 67 was assigned to the House Transportation committee which I’m not part of. I believe this bill was held by this committee. If SB 67 is recommended by this committee, we will hear it during the House floor meetings. I will keep you in thoughts if this bill gets to the House floor.

Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns. Your input is important, and I am here to address any further inquiries you may have.

Sincerely,

Jordan