Mortgage Rates

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Any luck with someone like Lending Tree or Box Home Loans?

We've always used Academy Mortgage but it seems like everyone is so busy they don't really need to offer a high level of customer service. They've got more business than they can handle.

The rates and fees seem lower using one of the .com services.
I’ve used box 2x but then just went with Provident this last time since that’s who they fund with.

Box really is nice to work with and getting an immediate quote online is amazing.

Tebbsjeep

I'm planning on refinancing with Box within the next couple of weeks. My brother in law has used them the last two times he refinanced, and has only good things to say about them.

Troop92

Any luck with someone like Lending Tree or Box Home Loans?

We've always used Academy Mortgage but it seems like everyone is so busy they don't really need to offer a high level of customer service. They've got more business than they can handle.

The rates and fees seem lower using one of the .com services.
We used LoanDepot this last time... Started out attentive and communicative for the first week or so and then completely went offer the rails. They became evasive and deceptive, we had to hound them to get everything finished up. Overall a very negative experience. We used Academy for our initial, should have used them again.

Pike2350

I refi'd an investment property earlier this year. I found that most rates were about the same but fees were a big difference. I ended up going through the Costco mortgage program and liked it. The origination fee was $300. The rest were anywhere from $1k to $3k. They seemed to be about .5-1% of the loan....but 1% is very rare....and some had flat fees around $1k.

I got it to 3.99 but that's on an investment property. Oit house is already at 3.125 so I don't see it going lower. I've thought about going to a 15 year...but the rate drop doesn't help quite enough with the payment increase. W0 years are usually the same rate as a 30 when I was/have looked

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I haven't heard of Box before, they do have pretty good rates! Looking at their 15 year loans, I could refi with a 2.5% APR and have a payment that's just a little higher than the current 30 yr @ 3.875%.

Our current mortgage is with Wells Fargo and I'm really not a fan. It would be nice to give Wells Fargo less of my money. I checked their rates and they're not that great, not surprising.

Tonkaman

I just signed on Wednesday. We mostly did it to get caught up on our finances. Even with a small cash out I saved $200 a month, and .20% interest. The best part is I did it all over the phone. The notary was the only person I ever saw through the whole process.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Box has a 10 year @ 2.25% and man that makes me wish I liked my house more lol I could have the house paid off when my oldest is in high school!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I just signed on Wednesday. We mostly did it to get caught up on our finances. Even with a small cash out I saved $200 a month, and .20% interest. The best part is I did it all over the phone. The notary was the only person I ever saw through the whole process.

Did you have to do an appraisal?? How did that go with the unfinished bathroom?

University Federal Credit Union. I think I just got damn lucky at the time we started. I should have played the lottery that day as well! :D

I do a TON of work for them. Surprised I didn't get assigned your appraisal. Great people.

I guess both of you could have also got an appraisal waiver, and maybe didn't need an appraisal.