Moto Electrical Terminal Cleaning

ID Bronco

Some of you are great mechanics, I'm not. What is the best method or product to use to clean these connections on my son's TTR 50?
It's connecting to the battery.

Thanks!20200422_143259.jpg

Corban_White

Something to remember about dielectric grease, it is NOT electrically conductive, so it should not be applied to the mating surfaces of the connectors. The best way is to apply it after the connection has been made if possible. Sometimes there are boots or other things in the way after you make the connection so it can be applied before if you are careful.

ID Bronco

Something to remember about dielectric grease, it is NOT electrically conductive, so it should not be applied to the mating surfaces of the connectors. The best way is to apply it after the connection has been made if possible. Sometimes there are boots or other things in the way after you make the connection so it can be applied before if you are careful.

Thank you for telling me this. I will now remove the connections and get it off the surfaces where I put it and do it differently. Now I know.

This is the first time I have had this connector removed, I agree I should have looked at it sooner, like when I bought it.