Motor oil prices

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Heard a rumor that the Shell plant that produces Rotella motor oil was severely damaged in the winter storms...to the effect that production of the brand will be slow to return. If this is true, might be a good time to buy some before it all disappears.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
The impacts are still being discovered, but have been severe. Prices for all petroleum goods will be (are) increasing due to the storms and the aftermath. I wouldn't panic, but it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of oil changes worth of oil on hand.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
A lot of people have been waiting their whole lives for this: an actual reason to not get an oil change!

(I am not one of those people)

haulinshine

you don't need to change your oil. It's all a scheme by big brother to keep us dependent on big oil. Actually you don't need oil at all, if you think about it water works way better than oil anyway. I mean we use water to keep things cool and have you ever put water on your hands then rubbed them together, they are SLICK. Don't be dependent on big oil just fill everything with water there is no possible way it could go poorly!

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
oh man reading this i can already hear all the bull crap thats gonna hit the 7.3l group on face book, there are some stoute rotella haters on there. me, i run it in my 7.3l, my lawnmower, my dirt bikes, my snowblower, even have used it in my jeep 4.0l. it is great stuff and blackstone reports can confime.