Movie review: DESPICABLE ME

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
heh.

So the kids have been dying to see this, my daughter said "Please please pleeeeeease!?!?!? It looks SOOOOOO funny!" And for the most part, it IS funny. I liked the style the animation team came up with, the humor was clean, story decent (if a bit undeveloped, but I can't have everything in a kid's movie I guess), message was alright, etc. Some clever digs at contemporary news as we've come to expect from movies of this type... some novel sight gags as well.
Not really a sour note anywhere. If I had to nitpick, there were a couple dance segments that had very brief moments I'd have done without.

NOTE TO PARENTS!!! THIS IS A PG MOVIE!!! NOT G!!!

Keeping that in mind, it's very clean. My 8yr old and 5yr old enjoyed it immensely.

Tacoma rating: 9.5 for solid entertainment, decent moral outcome, overall "cleanliness", entertaining animation, and style. :D Go see it.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
We went and saw it yesterday and honestly can't see what the negative press is about -maybe you can tell me what it is, Tacoma?? IMO Cars was more 'adultish' than this movie.

We loved it. Laughed several times. The kids in the theatre were laughing pretty much all the way through it.

We'd pay to see it again and buy it on DVD later. Definately worth it.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I read a few reviews that said there were scary parts in it?? Really? Come on. I didn't really get that, myself.

The only parts I objected to were the ass-slapping and hip-thrusting dance segments, which were maybe all of 20sec together. For the life of me I just don't get why that has to be included in a movie aimed at pre-teens (at the oldest). But again, fairly tame compared to what's out there. :mad: :D

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I read a few reviews that said there were scary parts in it?? Really? Come on. I didn't really get that, myself.

The only parts I objected to were the ass-slapping and hip-thrusting dance segments, which were maybe all of 20sec together. For the life of me I just don't get why that has to be included in a movie aimed at pre-teens (at the oldest). But again, fairly tame compared to what's out there. :mad: :D

Aw come on... The kids taht are too young to know what it was, don't know what it was. And the ones that are old enough to know, thought it was funny. It was dancing and that's all kids know it as.

It's the sicko adults that think it's a sexual position/move/etc and unfit for children to see... :rofl:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I disagree. That's ghetto club dancing, in a kid's movie. It IS a "sexual position/move/etc". Just like that Pussycat Dolls song in Shrek was actually what it was, not a matter of sicko adults twisting it. :cody:

:D Like I said though, it's a PG movie. That's fair warning, IMO.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I disagree. That's ghetto club dancing, in a kid's movie. It IS a "sexual position/move/etc". Just like that Pussycat Dolls song in Shrek was actually what it was, not a matter of sicko adults twisting it. :cody:

:D

Dunno....I still say it was innocent dancing. They had Bee Gee's playing in the background, to boot. What kind of sexually provocative dancing could you do to that? lol