Mutant-Blazer

Owners Name & City-Mutant-Jimbo, Big Spring, Texas (extreme west texas)

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1975 Chevy K5 Blazer (factory color in rear=Pamona Blue)+(red and white '88 Silverado front fenders)+(black hail damaged $10 hood from '88ish truck)

Engine-original factory 350, freshly rebuilt .030 over (355), flat-top pistons, Melling high volume oil pump, mild-comp cam, used '77 OEM vette valve covers (thanx J)

Transmission-original th350, slips when its cold, had some shavings in the fluid when i replaced the filter, gonna need to get it rebuilt sometime soon, or swap to 4-speed. (I'd like to opt for the latter)

T-Case-NP203- nothing special

Axles-=Blue]Dana 44, full time 4x4, broken axle shaft on pass. side. (have one I am gonna swap that is part time and in good shape, next weekend.
Corp. 12 rear. soon to have a lincoln locker in it

gear ratio=3.07, and it sucks

Suspension-4" tuff country sus. lift
blocks ion rear, soon to be ORD shackle flips

Wheels and Tires-Steel wagon whells w/ 33" cheapo tires.

Winch-not yet

Favorite Trails-my most used trail is in Joplin, Mo., it is called Snowball, it has alot of rocky trails, hill climbs, and stream crossings. I've only been wheeling once here in Texas, and it was in Kermit, TX. at the sanddunes. the sand dunes are a huge open access sand spot. they are great. it's like 80 acres of sand dunes, elevation changes and trails.

Other-when i bought my truck 6 years ago it didnt have a front drive shaft. i now finally have one coming in the mail as we speak. My favorite modification is my '89 suburban front clip. It gives my old K5 a little personality.
mutant01.jpg

mutant07.jpg

Last edited: