My driveline is a ringin

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
The stock toyota driveline on my moms 80 longbed rings / sqeaks when I first start out. I've greased the piss outa both u-joints and the slipyoke but it still does it. She told me the other day that it squeaked really loud for a few revolutions and now it went away. WTF? I am about to take it to GRS

Ryan

Originally posted by Skyetone
The stock toyota driveline on my moms 80 longbed rings / sqeaks when I first start out. I've greased the piss outa both u-joints and the slipyoke but it still does it. She told me the other day that it squeaked really loud for a few revolutions and now it went away. WTF? I am about to take it to GRS

Dollars to donuts a cap is spinning.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
change them u-joints. they squeek something fierce when they are old and dead. she probably has some greasy dust where bearing use to be!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Skyetone
they seem kinda bad but not horrible. I think u-joints also but is there any real way to tell?

kinda bad = replaceable. U-joints are cheap. 6-states will do them for like 15$ a piece installed!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
squeeking is caused by the bearings being dead. ringing is from the harmonic resonance created by the rotation. it is basically really fast squeeking. just replace the damned U-Joints already :)

another thing to watch is if it is a CV driveline. if so, make sure the joint has not failed.