My First Bike!!

Cascadia

Undecided
After much searching and contemplation I finally ended up getting a bike. It'll take the place of a rig for now. I got sick of myself always buying and selling and trading rigs. I'll try and stick with this one. I really like it! I took it out a little today to a short trail by my house. It'll take a lot of getting used to but the longer I was on it the more comfortable I was.
It's a 2002 KTM 250 EXC. It has an FMF Gnarly pipe and Pro Circuit 304 silencer. O-ring chain and One industries seat cover. I'm excited to get out and ride this thing and learn something new and gain a new hobby!

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
The KTM is his wife's. His is the blue one you can see in the back on left. :)

Congrats on your new purchase You can't go wrong with the KTM

Haha. Actually the blue one is my wifes. If you look right behind the KTM you can see part of my black one.:cool: I wish it was orange! Hopefully it's as great as everyone says it is.

Sure thing Chance. I'd love to go riding if you can ever find time in your 18 hour days for some of your friends. Same for your Jeep...your 4 month build has turned into 4 years. ;)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Great bike. You'll like it a lot I'm sure :D

It'll take the place of a rig for now.

And later too i'll bet :cool: Bikes are lots more fun lol

FWIW, the Pro Circuit 304 doesn't have a spark arrestor. You'll need a spark arrestor for riding on any public lands.

True. Keep an eye out for the "hockey stick" silencer that came on those bikes stock. They are really quiet and obviously spark arrested :cool:

Cascadia

Undecided
Keep an eye out for the "hockey stick" silencer that came on those bikes stock. They are really quiet and obviously spark arrested :cool:
Like the title says it's my first bike. So where does the spark arrestor go? Do I have to get a different silencer or can you add one to mine?

Cascadia

Undecided
So last time I went out my chain broke and it put a hole in my slave cylinder. I'm wanting to take it off and work on it. I've got the cylinder off but how do I get hydraulic clutch line off? I want to look closer and try and jb weld it and make sure it can hold fluid While it's off the bike.

sixstringsteve

Get a repair manual from RMEATV. It's specific to your bike and it explains how to fix everything. Cost is around $50.

Cascadia

Undecided
Jb weld won't work on the slave cylinder. There is probably a roll pin holding in the line

I was hoping to at least try it. It is just the outside metal case part on the surface. I wish I had time to get down there to rmeatv tomorrow. I want to try and repair it before Saturday while my new one is on order.

sixstringsteve

i believe they're open on saturdays as well. Just call your order in first, then pick it up. for future reference, their shipping is next-day. Also, Caleb can get you anything from RMATV and can usually save you a lot of $ on it. Still next-day shipping too.

Cascadia

Undecided
Where can I get mineral oil from for my clutch? Everywhere I read it says to use nothing but mineral oil for my bike. Anyone else have experience with this or recommendations?

STAG

On my grind
Where can I get mineral oil from for my clutch? Everywhere I read it says to use nothing but mineral oil for my bike. Anyone else have experience with this or recommendations?

Magura makes a good mineral oil for the clutches, can be found at most dirtbike shops.

Cascadia

Undecided
Ya I looked at that stuff but everyone is saying the mineral oil works great and that the Magura blood is pricey. I agree it is pretty pricey.