My Italian red head

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I picked up a new bike a few months ago. Until now the newest bike I've owned was a 2002 so it's a bit of an upgrade for me. It's a 2010 Husqvarna TE510. So these bikes are kind of interesting... It is a full race model that was sold with street legal components. It was designed and built in Italy.

Cool stuff: The 510's are a stroked 450 (same piston) which makes the power pretty exciting. Spark plug can be accessed without having to remove anything. Rear shock can be removed without taking anything else off. Same Kayaba forks used on 2010 Yamaha's. Valve shims are ridiculously easy to change. Mikuni EFI (I bought the diagnostic/tuning software as well... fun to mess with!). Wet sump engine holds nearly two quarts of oil.

It came with a Rekluse clutch--the $900 one :ugh: Left hand rear brake, no clutch lever, no rear brake petal. Took some getting used to but I'm starting to really like the setup. It came with a new Motoz mountain hybrid rear tire which I am in love with. I can't believe how well it grips and how long it has lasted I will likely buy another one.

Anyway so far so good. Really like the bike the handling, suspension and power is impressive I think.

Parked by big brother :D I'll get some better pics. Can we go for a ride now???

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Rode a buddies brand new ktm 500 with a motoz Tire on it yesterday. Super aggressive for a dot tire

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Thanks everyone! Long story on the ATK but I still have it thankfully :cool: I recently spent some time updating it. New frame and swingarm with the latest factory updates/upgrades, newer updated forks, overhauled everything on the chassis.. Good times.

Corban_White

When I saw it on KSL I was debating buying it back but it disappeared before I could make up my mind. Glad it still has a good home. If you do ever decide to sell let me know. :D

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Good for you! Welcome to the Husky club!
It looks way cool. I like everything about those except the weird duckbill rear fender.

I know I be putting a clutch lever and rear brake pedal on right away. I don't know if I could ride without using a clutch to lift the front tire over stuff.

Let's go ride this weekend.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
When I saw it on KSL I was debating buying it back but it disappeared before I could make up my mind. Glad it still has a good home. If you do ever decide to sell let me know. :D

Will do you'll be the first to know :cool:

Good for you! Welcome to the Husky club!
It looks way cool. I like everything about those except the weird duckbill rear fender.

I know I be putting a clutch lever and rear brake pedal on right away. I don't know if I could ride without using a clutch to lift the front tire over stuff.

Let's go ride this weekend.

I may end up putting everything back to normal. Too bad the po didn't save any of the parts.. I've dumped it a few times now because I couldn't clutch it :D

I would love to go this weekend but the family and I have a trip planned for the holiday. Next time though!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I've been riding the Husqvarna every chance I get... Last week I buried it in a snow drift near the top of mount Logan. The runoff and the rocks/washed out trail was nuts! Technical and challenging but good times. This weekend my friends and I rode the WY badlands. I pushed myself harder than I have in many years.. And that's why I ended up doing cartwheels and back hands springs down a steep hillside... weird I know :skeptic: Pretty sure I have at least one cracked rib and a nice reminder of my age and back problems haha.

Anyway I absolutely freaking love this bike. I'm pretty sure it's my parabatai lol. The power, chassis, handling etc are nearly perfect for me. Left hand rear brake took some time to get used to but now I'm sold same with the Rekluse. I'm also sold on the Mountain Hybrid rear tire it grips like glue on everything and wears like iron. I'd like to post some pics but I'm a little behind on computuring abilities these days :thinking:

:cool:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Heal up quickly. I'm in the broken rib boat too. It's terrible to wait all winter for spring, then break yourself and not be able to ride once nice weather hits and the mtns are clear.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
The Husky is alive and well. Hope my pics worked.. it's been forever since I've posted pics on a forum. Anyway since moving to Florida I've had to change things up a bit. I mounted up some Heidi K60's and started to make the ol' girl a little more suited for pavement. There are a lot of trails here but they're a ways north of me and I just don't have the time to explore them with my work schedule. That said I'm making the best of it.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I was finally able to ride my bike off road! What a great feeling after what seemed like forever. I had a lot of fun riding several trails about 45minutes from my house. It was all in deep--bottomless--sugar sand and it really gave me a workout. I knew I should have changed my tires beforehand :oops: The trails were tight and twisty and really kept me on my toes. Good times can't wait to go back.

Added a fancy new set of sprockets and a DID VX2 chain. I've found these chains to be indestructible. Also installed a Trail Tech headlight which is ten times better than the stock unit.