My Kids Christmas list

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Not a joke, but I figured it qualified as humor.

My kids are really bad at getting excited for Toys and things like that. My little girl is better than my boy and generally likes anything princess(she's 4).
My son(7) will have a christmas list that looks like this 1-wool socks 2-to be with my family 3-a book

My wife and I have been taking them to the toy store lately trying to get it figured out. We got the toy magazines and all that and ask them to circle what they liked. This was my favorite part of Christmas when I was a kid. I had almost everything circled:).

Last night Cedar (my daughter) walks up and says dad I circled everything I want. She hands me the latest Cabelas ad. She has circled the pink camo clothing and an AR 15:eek:. I tried not to laugh, but it was hard to contain.

weird.

Houndoc

sounds like good parenting to me! I think it is fantastic the kids are not hung up on the latest toy. I know it makes gift shopping hard, but keep up the good work!

blznnp

sounds like good parenting to me! I think it is fantastic the kids are not hung up on the latest toy. I know it makes gift shopping hard, but keep up the good work!

agreed, my wife tends to want to get them a lot of toys. Now all they do is want this and want that. I have tried to get my wife to let us just buy toys for kids that would appreciate them and have our kids take the toys to those kids, but she feels bad since our kids wouldn't get any, not that they don't have 1000's of toys already.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Don't get me wrong, my kids have a lot of toys (they have grandparents;)) About 2 times a year they gather up a bunch of toys and give them away. We try to pare it down to the toys they actually like and play with. They love toys and have a blast playing with them. It just seems they like them more at other peoples houses. Not sure why. Maybe it is the interaction with friends that is more important. Not sure.

I just wonder if I am turning them into weirdos.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
I just wonder if I am turning them into weirdos.

Nope, my kids are the same. I have ages 8,7,4 and 3. Grandparents buy all their toys for the year at Christmas - we don't buy them any toys at all - just manage all the ones they do have and only keep the ones they actually use. The toys we "encourage" them to use are outside toys. I was raised outside and so are my kids. They only time they touch electronics is when we're on long drives to Cali or Vegas. My son's favorite "toy" right now (he's 7) is his BB gun. My oldest daughter (8) prefers shooting the AR...:rofl: