my mechanically inclined father

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
So I'm helping my dad fix the scissor lift because the high speed range isn't working. Well get the problem narrowed down to the high speed bypass pump on it. Well yesterday I pull it out and one end of the pump comes off as I'm trying to remove the brass elbow fitting. The other end is stuck and we don't have the face pin spanner wrench to put a good amount of torque on it. Well I wake up this morning and my dad has taken two pipe wrenches to the the thing and buggered up the one end cap good. So now he's going to have to replace that too! :rolleyes:

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Dads are good for things like that... the more they try to help, the more they hose things up.
My dad decided to pull a favor from a freind at a big O, and have some tires removed from some wheels I had sold. He put the wheels in his bed standing up, and somehow forgot to latch the tailgate. Two wheels on pavement, both bent. There is a shop that does wheel straightening in SLC, and that would have been fine, but good ole dad decided to try to pound one of them out, and broke the wheel right behind the bead. :mad2:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
My dad got himself banned from any of my engine compartments-- I used to go home to do my tuneups as Pa had all the tools... but he'd come out to "help" w/the timing, and somehow always break the distributor cap. Last time, he broke a plug in the F(**!d E350, and I damn near had to take the front end apart to get the fixin' tools in there.

I think he purposely broke the caps so I'd get new ones... back then though that was like, a month's worth of Ramen money, the car ran with the old beat up ones!

and replacing the POS engine in my little brother's Grand Am..
me: "get a flare wrench or somethign on that temperature sensor, it's solid brass and a reglar wrench will just mush it up"
him: " riiiiiiiight... I think I can handle it"
eeeeeennnntttt clatter...
me: "I knew you'd do that. They're $12.85 at Napa. Your keys are on the counter, be back soon... "

So he's banned from my little brother's cars too.