My Next Project: 1965 Sunbeam Alpine

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Can't wait to see it. I hope my handy work looks as good today as it did 18 months ago when I dropped it off to you...:)

I wish I could say it does. I know he modified the bottom of it so that he could add a "sub dash" section in order to fit a radio head unit in there. Even though there is no head unit needed in this car. The sound system runs off a Bluetooth receiver and amp. He knew all of this. When I found out what he did I made him remove it all and fix it. I haven't seen the car since then so don't know what he did.

You were easily one of the best vendors used on this project. Thank you for your patients and dealing with things from my end.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
More and more profanity is popping up in his text messages. He's painted himself into a corner and is stuck! I don't think this going to happen. :(

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Carl and I went over tonight with my trailer, ready to take the car. Long story...We waited for ten minutes at the locked door of the shop. Texting the owner. He made us leave without even showing us the car. What a mess. There is a small glimmer of light though. I talked to the lady running the show. She wants the car there bad and has a spot right up front for it. She will let it in if we can get it there tomorrow. She’s proving to be very helpful. A very nice lady.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Nope. I voluntarily gave him the car. However, if he was to remove the car from the premises, like to take it to the show, or to a friends place to work on it (which he has done in the past) without authorization we could report it stolen then.

We have bigger issues though:

He just told me right now he is getting, "checked out for a mild heart attack".

I knew I brought too much muscle with me last night.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
This rain is really going to mess me up. Assuming I have a car tonight, anyone have an enclosed trailer we could rent/borrow for a couple hours to haul it to the expo center?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
We have bigger issues though:

He just told me right now he is getting, "checked out for a mild heart attack".
This sounds like a stall

This rain is really going to mess me up. Assuming I have a car tonight, anyone have an enclosed trailer we could rent/borrow for a couple hours to haul it to the expo center?

I do, but I am probably further than you would want to go to get it.

Good luck resolving this mess.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Mess is right. I think he is going for dramatic effect. I found an enclosed on KSL for a pretty good deal to rent. Watching the rain. May not need it.

pELYgroso

'Merica
Carl and I went over tonight with my trailer, ready to take the car. Long story...We waited for ten minutes at the locked door of the shop. Texting the owner. He made us leave without even showing us the car. What a mess. There is a small glimmer of light though. I talked to the lady running the show. She wants the car there bad and has a spot right up front for it. She will let it in if we can get it there tomorrow. She’s proving to be very helpful. A very nice lady.
So did he show up and not let you in, or did he never show up? If he had showed up and tried to kick me out without showing me my car, I would have been beyond pissed...

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So did he show up and not let you in, or did he never show up? If he had showed up and tried to kick me out without showing me my car, I would have been beyond pissed...

He was inside the shop when we showed up. We called and texted him. He would not let us in. After about 10 minutes, one of his buddies showed up to pick up some stuff from him. He would not let him in either. Then I got a message from John (car owner) saying that he sent a text to John to tell us to leave. We were giving him "too much anxiety". My truck was parked out in the street so we went back to it and sat in it for a few minutes. After about 5 minutes the door opened just little so that his friend could get inside. Then we left.

This is killing me can we get an update?

No news is bad news, or something like that. According to him, they would not let him out of the hospital until pretty late last night, due to his "mild heart attack". Carl and I went over to his shop again yesterday around 4pm. We thought we heard voices inside, but I think it was just a radio or something. While we were there a trucked pulled in to the parking lot. We saw this same truck at the shop the day before. As he pulled in he saw us sitting on the block wall next to the shop. He stopped, pulled out his phone, played with it for a minute or two, then turned around and drove away. We kicked ourselves for not trying to talk to him before he left.
An interesting note, this whole time there is one small car in the parking lot. It has a Salt Lake County sticker on the door, but no one was around. After a few more minutes a guy comes walking up to us from one of the other shops close by. He asks if either of us are the shop owner, which we say no to. He goes on to explain what he's doing there and we explain what we are doing there. He sympathizes with us and says there are reports or something that the owner may be using the "business" has his home as well. I didn't fully understand what he was saying, but I guess that would totally change the tax situation there. He needed to get inside and see for himself if there was evidence of the owner living there. I told him the place is always locked up and that he'll never get in unless the owner lets him in. He was very happy that I offered him the owners phone number.
The wind was blowing a little and the air smelled of amazing cookies or something. I think we we're getting hungry, so we left.

At about 5:30 I made the hard phone call to the Autorama lady telling her we had no car. Apparently she knows the owner. I told her he told us he had a heart attack that morning. She sounded very concerned. We left it at that.

After that I called every hospital in SL county. Noone had any records of him. Around 8pm he called John and told him he was leaving the hospital. He said the car would be done Friday (today). John told him we would pick it up on saturday no matter what. In one piece or a thousand. The car leaves his shop on Saturday.

I hope it is done today. I'd like to pick it up and have it at the house when John and his family arrive later tonight. Yep, he was bringing his whole family from AZ to see the car at the show. So it would be pretty cool to have it under a car cover when they arrive and to be able to pull it off and surprise them.

I'm sure the owner will have a stroke or something today...