My Next Project: 1965 Sunbeam Alpine

Jesser04

That guy needs an ass whipping. “Sure did” and “don’t worry about” he needs to be forced to apologize to you with tears in his eyes, he’d be a better person after. Tell him you’re sorry and you’ll never do this again to anyone else. Something along those lines would work. Preferably by some badass guys like Vincent and Jules from pulp fiction.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAA

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Nevermind the entire conversation, after the first sentence! Okay, it's all bad.....but that first sentence?!?! Guys, I've lost count, but this has to be #8 or #9 for funerals that he's been to in the last year. I haven't been to 8 funerals in my whole life! Maybe he's forgotten which excuses he's used on us.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
It’s not that simple for quite a few reasons. John has already paid more money than the quoted price. There was a couple add-ons in the beginning that we asked him to do so I expect the price to go up. It went up quite a bit more than I though it should have.

(1) John doesn’t want to have to pay someone else more money to do what he already paid this guy to do.
(2) you can’t just walk into this shop. It’s always locked up. You can’t see the car unless he wants you to see it. I’ve been there twice with my trailer to bring it home with no luck.
(3) John is family (and a good friend). Won’t bail out on him. He also lives in PHX so it’s not like he can just pop in.
(4) I pushed John to use this shop. I feel at least partly responsible for this mess.

As much fun as it is to talk about fire and wrecking balls we all know that’s not going to happen. We have to be patient and hope for the best. Once we have the car we can decide if any legal action is needed. On the bright side he keeps telling us days instead of weeks like he used to.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
No I wouldn’t be able to retrieve it. He made it very clear that he is finishing the car and won’t give it to us till it’s done. Why? I dont know.

At one point I suggested that we come pick it up so that he could focus on all his family issues. I told him I would find someone else to finish it. He said he has, “too much blood sweat and tears into this car so that is not happening”.
Like I said, if he doesn’t open the gate, it’s not leaving.

4x4_Welder

No I wouldn’t be able to retrieve it. He made it very clear that he is finishing the car and won’t give it to us till it’s done. Why? I dont know.

At one point I suggested that we come pick it up so that he could focus on all his family issues. I told him I would find someone else to finish it. He said he has, “too much blood sweat and tears into this car so that is not happening”.
Like I said, if he doesn’t open the gate, it’s not leaving.
Ew. Maybe insist on a biohazard cleanup before taking delivery.

ID Bronco

Get a lawyer, for a few bucks they can make him release the vehicle. He would have to pay someone else to finish it though. I'd end it somehow. The emotional, and tangible headaches you have had aren't worth it in my mind.