My Next Project: 1965 Sunbeam Alpine

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
It’s not that simple for quite a few reasons. John has already paid more money than the quoted price. There was a couple add-ons in the beginning that we asked him to do so I expect the price to go up. It went up quite a bit more than I though it should have.

(1) John doesn’t want to have to pay someone else more money to do what he already paid this guy to do.
(2) you can’t just walk into this shop. It’s always locked up. You can’t see the car unless he wants you to see it. I’ve been there twice with my trailer to bring it home with no luck.
(3) John is family (and a good friend). Won’t bail out on him. He also lives in PHX so it’s not like he can just pop in.
(4) I pushed John to use this shop. I feel at least partly responsible for this mess.

As much fun as it is to talk about fire and wrecking balls we all know that’s not going to happen. We have to be patient and hope for the best. Once we have the car we can decide if any legal action is needed. On the bright side he keeps telling us days instead of weeks like he used to.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
No I wouldn’t be able to retrieve it. He made it very clear that he is finishing the car and won’t give it to us till it’s done. Why? I dont know.

At one point I suggested that we come pick it up so that he could focus on all his family issues. I told him I would find someone else to finish it. He said he has, “too much blood sweat and tears into this car so that is not happening”.
Like I said, if he doesn’t open the gate, it’s not leaving.

4x4_Welder

No I wouldn’t be able to retrieve it. He made it very clear that he is finishing the car and won’t give it to us till it’s done. Why? I dont know.

At one point I suggested that we come pick it up so that he could focus on all his family issues. I told him I would find someone else to finish it. He said he has, “too much blood sweat and tears into this car so that is not happening”.
Like I said, if he doesn’t open the gate, it’s not leaving.
Ew. Maybe insist on a biohazard cleanup before taking delivery.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Just heard it should be done on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

I think we all need to guess a day. Winner gets to go with me to pick it up!

I say april 29.

pELYgroso

'Merica
After you get the car, what is the RME retaliation plan? We've got to do something. Maybe not burn down the place, but SOMETHING, haha. Who's got some ideas?