My Next Project: 1965 Sunbeam Alpine

4x4_Welder

With as many tomorrows as he has promised, he must be a Shakespeare fan.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

I mean, his word has really meant nothing to this point.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Love it. I’ll be sharing that with Andy today when I don’t get the car. We have a busy day today so I don’t think I could get it even if it is ready.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Glad I didn't change my plans on saturday. He never contacted me. Or Sunday. Or Monday. I got pretty sick Saturday night and was out of it through yesterday. At some point yesterday John sent me a text saying Andy said today whenever I get off work. So I'll call him this afternoon and see what the plan is.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Got a good update a few minutes ago from John.

So if you recall, the last time I was there and saw it was May 5th. He said it would be done the next day, Monday. So I called him Monday and he told me the trunk lid topper needed to be redone and it would be finished on Tuesday. Then he went pretty much silent until today, when he talked to John.

So the battery is located in the pass side rear fender. The fuel lines run up through there as well. I guess he was putting the pass side trunk panel in place and somehow arced a battery cable to a hard fuel line, which welded a hole through the line and turned it into a flamethrower. That damaged the trunk lid topper somehow. So, the car was on fire.

The best part is that he made John promise not to tell me about it. :rofl:

Now, Andy's dad has, "been in the hospital this week and is about to pass". Andy is not leaving his bedside. He does think he can meet me at the shop late tonight. But he won't call me directly. He will call John and have him relay a message. So what's going to happen when I get to the shop? Will he talk to me then? I better bring Carl with me so he can stand between us being the relay. Like a couple of seventh grade girls.

Last time Andy told us he was at a hospital (because of his "mild heart attack") I called every hospital in the Salt Lake valley and no one had any records of him being admitted there. My goal tonight is to get his dads name and hospital so I can send him flowers. ;)

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So I called him just before I left work and it went to voicemail. Then when I pulled into the driveway I called again. Voicemail again. This time I left a message saying he has 5 minutes to call me back or I was going to go on with my plans for the night. He actually called me back! He told me he is with his dad at the hospital and wouldn't be able to meet me until 9pm tonight. I have to leave for work at 430am tomorrow so I said that wouldn't work and said we need to set something up for tomorrow afternoon. He wanted one of his buddies to meet me at his shop to give me the car. I said no way. He needs to be there to show me everything he has done. He says he can't get away from the hospital. Then said he'll call me tonight with a plan.

By the way, he gave me his dads name and hospital and that he's in the ICU. Unless his dad has a different last name (which he totally could) he is not there. Their computers cannot look up just a first name. I just can't imagine someone lying about their parent being in the ICU, about to die. Who would do such a thing? Is that his cover and he's still working on the car? Or not working on it and it's not done? He said he took a walk around video of the finished car, but can't get it to send to anyone.

Last edited:

Jesser04

The car started on fire... Have you even seen someone arc a wrench on a metal fuel line? I have it’s intense it took a couple clear minded sober people to quickly put it out I can’t imagine a couple crackheads trying to get it out. I hope this ends well but if that line had any pressure in it shit got real real quick. Who fixed the fuel line? Has he tried to start it since the mishap? So many questions so few answers.