My Next Project: 1965 Sunbeam Alpine

Caleb

Well, unless he's doing business under a new company name, his company is no longer a valid company which also means I highly doubt he's paying the tax man their share. Just sayin' :p

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
His other company that shares the space there is called Hot Rod Storage. As far as I can tell it is the only company he has an active business licence for. Actually, records show he sold the whole place in 2018. I assume he is leasing it from the new owner, and that new owner is the one whose name is on Hot Rod Storage. Can't find Andy's name anywhere around it.

Andy's business history shows he changes business names, entity types, and location every few years. Hot Rod Hideout has been expired since 2015 and yet, that is what he goes by and is what is on the door to the shop.

Hindsight, I can't believe I didn't look into him before ever starting the upholstery. From just his business history alone, that would have been enough red flags to send me elsewhere.

Im just about finished with all the paperwork going to: City of West Jordan, DMV enforment, Consumer Protection, and IRS. Also, in the video I shot last night I noticed he has a job board on a wall that lists all the jobs he's doing by car and owners name. I have already started looking for some of those owners and will try to reach out to them. Curious to hear their stories. Some of those owners do not have cars in the shop. Maybe I catch them before they bring in their cars. It would be awesome to help prevent this from happening to someone else.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Here is the last phone call I hope I ever have with Andy.

So how do we go about making information on Andy easier to find? When you google him, only his facebook page pops up.

Wow, he's a real gem! Love how he blames all his problems on you, that's pretty cowardly.

pELYgroso

'Merica
His other company that shares the space there is called Hot Rod Storage. As far as I can tell it is the only company he has an active business licence for. Actually, records show he sold the whole place in 2018. I assume he is leasing it from the new owner, and that new owner is the one whose name is on Hot Rod Storage. Can't find Andy's name anywhere around it.

Andy's business history shows he changes business names, entity types, and location every few years. Hot Rod Hideout has been expired since 2015 and yet, that is what he goes by and is what is on the door to the shop.

Hindsight, I can't believe I didn't look into him before ever starting the upholstery. From just his business history alone, that would have been enough red flags to send me elsewhere.

Im just about finished with all the paperwork going to: City of West Jordan, DMV enforment, Consumer Protection, and IRS. Also, in the video I shot last night I noticed he has a job board on a wall that lists all the jobs he's doing by car and owners name. I have already started looking for some of those owners and will try to reach out to them. Curious to hear their stories. Some of those owners do not have cars in the shop. Maybe I catch them before they bring in their cars. It would be awesome to help prevent this from happening to someone else.
I bet he's been stringing some of those other jobs out, blaming you and your bad luck for the delays. Those other customers probably gave him 50% down on their projects and have been waiting to get their cars into his shop....

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I bet he's been stringing some of those other jobs out, blaming you and your bad luck for the delays. Those other customers probably gave him 50% down on their projects and have been waiting to get their cars into his shop....
Yeah, and he'll be asking them for more money before they even get in!

Ha ha! This happened between some fierce motorcycle shop competitors back in the 70s and 80s. The owner of Honda of Salt Lake registered Honda of Bountiful's expired name. It was in a down economy and they couldn't financially re-qualify as a Honda dealer. Harsh, but effective.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I’m starting to understand why so many show cars get pushed onto trailers. The behind the scenes stuff is lacking. Andy left wires loose or dangling behind the dash. Didn’t connect the door lights he installed and didn’t connect the power ports in the center console that he installed. This interior will look amazing when your looking at it from behind stanchions and ropes. Just dont go looking for details. There’s already a few spots I may or may not point out to John.

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So here's an interesting one. I think I told you guys I found some names of the other customers on his job board. I reached out to a few of them on LinkedIn. Two of them responded. One of them told me that Andy just finished doing his third interior for this guy (three different cars). Couldn't say enough good things about him. He highly recommended Andy. I thought that was very interesting. I thanked him for the positive review and left it at that.
The second guy had some issues with his interior work, but he said he was over there all the time giving Andy direction on how he wanted it done. He said he remembers the Sunbeam at the shop. It was there when he dropped his off and when he picked it up. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing his car there once when we were there. Get this, he told me his car just barely made it to Autorama. He picked it up from the shop and took it straight over. In fact the seats weren't even done yet. Andy took those over to the show later on and installed them, but he was late getting there. The car had already been judged.
So when Andy told us he was working night and day on our car to get it ready for the show, he was really working on this other car to get it in the show! Why couldn't Andy just be straight with us? If he would have told us the truth John would not have brought his family up here that weekend. That trip probably cost him $2000 for plane tickets, rental car, etc.
Anyways, this other customer seems pretty cool. He suggested we meet up and tell our stories, and show off our cars. His is a A-H Sprite. So very similar to the Sunbeam. It would be fun to go for a drive with him.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Quick up date:

I have turned in paperwork to the Division of Consumer Protection, Motor Vehicle Enforcement, IRS, and West Jordan Business License Division. If he thought I was bad luck before, I'll be real bad luck in another week or so.

I have been talking to a few other customers. All but one are very unhappy with his performance and lies. The one that was happy says he was happy because he watched over him like a hawk. I don't know how that's even possible to do. I tried. The others all say the same thing as me. The car is/was way over due, the price is at least doubled (one guy had it way worse than we did. Almost tripled the quote on a smaller car and is still not finished.) he wouldn't let them in to see the car, same old, same old. Unfortunately I haven't found anyone that was scheduled to take their car in. It would be really nice to be able to help someone avoid Andy all together. One guy is lawyering up as we speak. I told him I'd be a witness if need be.

In the meantime, I have finished up a few of the needed items. Got the speedometer calibrated, set up the air suspension calibration, fixed a nonworking oil pressure sending unit. I had an ECM fuse blow once we got it home, but that seems to be a random one off- I hope. It has not happened again with about 20 more miles on it. Tonight I hope to install the front turn signals and rivet the VIN and Engine tags in place in the engine bay. The rear end is whining so we will have to tear into it and see what's up with that. We purchased the 3rd member fully built from Summit. I need to call them and see if they'll help us out with it. It's past the warranty, but because it's been sitting all this time maybe they'll help out. I want to get the alignment done again. I think it has too much caster. Drives straight for miles, but is hard to start a turn.

I'd like to park it on some grass or something and get some final pictures of it. Sure would be nice if things would dry up.

Last edited:

ID Bronco

@UNSTUCK might want to post on www.ripoffreport.com, too.

ripoffreport.com is the ultimate ripoff. It is an extortion page where they post stuff about companies (mine a few times) that are totally made up, and then ask for $8-10K to remove it. It's not a consumer protection site, that may be just what the doctor ordered for this scum bag, but it sucks for legit companies.

Did I miss the interior pictures?