my samurai update

O'neal

?????????
Although I gave it to my son it's been being been daily drivin everyday by him and I,wheeled pretty hard just to see how its handling the current mods...So far its been working great!super cheap,extremely stable,goes anywhere its pointed and flat out runs down the highway. Pics are from when I first got it-when it was super clean and straight to modded and givin a good beat down.

Right now it has

22RE
Homebrew dual trans(L52/W56)
1link rear
35" MTR's
118" wb
Stock Toy axles(first gen)-Welded 4:56 diff's
Toy RUF

Next mod's---ditch front clip-tube it,lower a few inches and do a 3link up front.I'm highly thinking of running a turbo with low boost(4-6psi)

Attachments

• GetAttachment44.jpg
    GetAttachment44.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 35
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN1101.jpg
    DSCN1101.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 46

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
That Sami works so well. I really like the one-link rear, so that's on my bucket list for a future project. The twin transmissions, plus the transfer case gears yields a bunch of gear ratios to play with. Keep upgrading Little Mike's Sami and surprise us with more innovations.

O'neal

?????????
Thanks russ! The next 2 mods i want to do is hopefully run a turbo but more importantly is pulling the front leafs and run a 3link up front.When we were in moab I had a hell of a time getting the front up on the bigger ledges.I also need to start on my wifes tracker...22RE with the auto,gutting the high range section off the toy case and running the samurai case behind the toy case for a homebrew dual setup,1link rear,3link up front etc...

O'neal

?????????
please post up pics of all the t-case and link work

I could do that....never did take any during the build,just built it and started beating it,still far from done.Still needs interior work,heater,fab a top to hold in the heat better than a bikini top,a cage etc....there is always something else hehe!

O'neal

?????????
Pirate4x4,in the toy forum has gobs of info on this setup....Nothing like doubling 2 tranny's,running stock diff's,running oversize tires,being able to run down the highway with ease at 75mph,hit the trail's with all the gearing you could ever need and save ton's of cash without the need of----diff gearing and a dual ultimate setup.

I have contact info for a guy on pirate that has them machined and sell's the adapters for 300 bones or you can build your own cheap and is pretty simple and easy if ya have the basic tool's.I used 2 12"x12" 1/4"plate along with a peice of 3" wide 1/4" thick strap,built templates for both mating sufaces and built a box to join the two(you will have to cut the pilot bearing nub off,slip the 2 together and measure so that the shaft isnt bottomed out in the front trans).If you take the bellhousing off,that input shaft will fit right into the back output of the second trans since the splines and size are identical.