Name that place 9-17-06

Meat_

Banned
Looks like the tunnel to run water out of Strawberry to Spanish for canyon.
There I was worried that no one would get and you get it in less than an hour :D

It's the West Portal of the Strawberry Tunnel. It's pretty cool scenery up there but nothing challenging, Badger hadn't been up that way yet and I wanted to put tires in snow....

There wasn't a lot of snow remaining but it left us a nice muddy treat :rolleyes:

Badger was on the shutter but apparently the temperature kept him from taking the camera out much.

Here's a few pics of the area though.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 33
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 46

Meat_

Banned
It's right of the side of the Strawberry Ridge Road, looks like it was just someones little cabin, it's still fairly sound although completely empty.

You can get to Strawberry Ridge Road from many of the little roads on the west side of Strawberry, or you can get there from Ray's Valley road. The little cabin is towards Ray's from the portal.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Wow, thats awesome! How long is the tunnel?

Found this...
"The outlet for the reservoir is the Strawberry Tunnel, which takes water from the reservoir through the divide to Diamond Fork, a tributary of the Spanish Fork River. The concrete-lined tunnel is 7 feet wide and 9 feet high, and is 3.8 miles long. It has a capacity of 600 cubic feet per second. Inflow is controlled by two 3- by 5-foot gates."

Meat_

Banned
Looking at the map, there is another WAAAAAAY longer tunnel Syar Tunnel. The '93 topo map says (under construction) but the parts of the tunnel that are on '00 maps don't say that. I'm pretty sure we saw one of the breather locations while riding in Ray's Valley.

Clutch

My friend and I walk ALL the Duchesne tunnel one night, east to west. We did exit the west portal, too much water and it was 2am. We wanted to walk back dry. It is supposedly, 6 miles long.

ID Bronco

Resurrecting this thread (I think there was a much longer one like it many years ago, but I cannot find it) I don't live in Utah, so this one's a stretch, but nearly all of Utah visits this place so it should not be too difficult. (or maybe it will be)20200530_070305.jpg