Need a dirtbike picked up in North Carolina

rholbrook

Anyone traveling to North Carolina? I need a motorcycle picked up in Winston Salem. I have a whole bunch of gas money to give someone if you or someone you know is coming back from that area.

I sold Harrison's motorcycle and found one back east that I need brought back. uShip hasn't gotten much to decide on yet. I know its a shot in the dark but who knows where people will be traveling this summer.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Jack was invited by Gavin Gracyk to go and train in North Carolina for the month of July leading up to Loretta's. If he will commit to it, I am going to take him back......so there is a small chance I might be but this is still only a maybe.

rholbrook

Jack was invited by Gavin Gracyk to go and train in North Carolina for the month of July leading up to Loretta's. If he will commit to it, I am going to take him back......so there is a small chance I might be but this is still only a maybe.
Thanks for the offer if you go back but I already booked transportation Friday. The company will pick it up, crate it, deliver it to me and uncrate it at my house. I will see it in 10-15 days.

rholbrook

I have purchased 4 motorcycles and a ATV out of state and have had zero issues in the process. I have a knack for being able to find anything over the ole interweb. I had just gotten finished literally rebuilding Harrison's KTM 200 XCW and figured now was a great time to sell it so I put it on KSL and had 4 people fighting over it. Two from Utah, one from Idaho and one from Montana. Long story short, it sold quickly for a great price and then Harrison and I started looking for a KTM 300 XC or Husqvarna TE or TX 300 and really couldn't find anything locally so we started to branch out looking out west and then further east. My nephew had just gotten a new 2019 YZ250X and has ridden with us a couple of times and Harrison had taken it for a ride in White Wash and liked how it handled. I told him it was a Yamaha YZ250 and they were probably the 2nd best handling dirtbike ever made with the YZ125 being first. He knows I bleed yellow and then blue even though I ride the orange bike now.

During our searches, if we find a bike we like, we contact the seller and try to face-time with them so we can go over the bikes in a kind of like being there scenario. Some will do it, some won't. We had looked at probably 10 bikes around the country with owners willing to help facilitate shipping which is seriously no work from them. You can book coast to coast for $650-$750 with the transport company picking up the bike, crating it and delivering it to your door. If you are patient, you can get it for almost half that on uShip. We weren't very patient because it was summer and we have riding plans coming up for Smiley Creek, Idaho coming up quickly and we are a bike down. I had a bike shipped a year ago from Ohio for $250, mine came from Phoenix a few years ago for $126 and my KingQuad from Virginia for $650 a couple of years ago too.

I got him looking through some bikes I had found on line and a 2016 YZ250X popped up in North Carolina that interested him. It was owned by a vet racer who races two different series of Hare and Hounds back east. It was his race bike in 2017 and in 2018 he bought a YZ250FX and the 250X has sat around. For 2019 he has been racing his FX waiting for his 2020 Husqvarna TX300 to show up. The 250X has 78 hours on it, piston was replaced at 65 along with brakes, chain and sprockets. He runs two sets of plastics for the two different series he races as well as the stock plastics that are brand new. Some people are afraid to buy race bikes because they are ridden hard and put away wet. That may be the case for the casual racer but the serious racer, nothing could be far from the truth. Those of us that know our very own Paul Anderson know that his race bikes are meticulously maintained. This 250X is pretty much spotless and comes with all the original parts that were removed plus a steering stabilizer, higher bars, FMF pipe and turbine 2 sparky, new tires, 3 sets of plastics, desert tank, Rekluse, custom suspension setup for 160lb rider, vforce reeds and cage, carbon pipe guard, fly wheel weight, FLO foot pegs, Boyesen flywheel cover, Acerbis barkbusters, carbon fiber pipe guard and even more I can't remember right now. We caught this right after he listed it which was also to our advantage because if you don't get the tags put in on your listing, especially if you do not get your description of the bike listed properly, searches miss it. Example of that is YZ250X vs YZ 250 X vs YZ 250X. Depending on how you search, you will get different bikes pulled up on your searches. Go search KSL for YZ250 and then YZ 250, you will get different bikes.

I paid or will pay $4,100 for the 250X and shipping door to door is $740 with the shipper doing the crating. That is still less than I can buy that bike locally without all the goodies which I would add once I got it here. The only thing I will add is the brand new hydraulic OX Left Hand Brake which I just put one on my 300 and love it. One finger on the lever will skid the rear tire on asphalt and its self contained unlike the Rekluse LHB which will loose its pressure often.120632120633

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Nice Bike.....He will love it.

I have told many people that I would rather buy a used race bike over a used trail bike. I am only OCD about 1 thing in life and that is a race bike. There is not excuse to spend the time and money to race and have a preventable failure. I think you will find that with many people.....especially vet riders that race.

rholbrook

120991120992Well....it showed up this morning. I had AA Motorcycle transport bring the bike west for me. It was $740 because I didn’t want to wait for UShip but they pick it up and drop it off door to door. It showed up about 4 doors early from their estimate and in perfect shape. I’m going to be gone Monday when they wanted to deliver it so I went and grabbed it in Salt Lake today.