Need a DVD burning program

Brett

Meat-Hippy
So, I've got a lot of movies on my harddrive that I'd copied (don't tell) and I want to burn them to DVD discs. What's a good program I can download that will do this for me?

The files are standard DVD format right now. Could I just drag and drop them on the disc or do I need a program?

Thanks all.......:brett:

beatlebomber

Go to
http://www.slysoft.com/en/
It has everything you need. It cost only a little ($25 or $35 if I remember right, they might even still have free trials on the software) but it is worth it in the long run. The program any dvd will crack any encryption and the clone dvd and/or clone cd will copy the then unencrypted movie or cd without any problems. It is more uptodate then dvd shrink. Dvd shrink is free but you can only copy onto dvd +r dvds and with the +r you will run into some problems with some dvd players because it is an older format, the clone dvd will let you choose between +r or -r. If at all possible you want to always burn a dvd -r which is a newer format then dvd +r. Good luck with it all, let me know if you have any questions.

Meat_

Banned
Google DVD Shrink, there is no other. Unless it doesn't work (some movies) then use Ripitforme, which will fix the menu crap and then run it through DVD Shrink. Then burn with Nero.

Meat_

Banned
So, I've got a lot of movies on my harddrive that I'd copied (don't tell) and I want to burn them to DVD discs. What's a good program I can download that will do this for me?

The files are standard DVD format right now. Could I just drag and drop them on the disc or do I need a program?

Thanks all.......:brett:

Guess I should actually read your post. If they are 4.35GB you can burn them onto a single layer with Nero, if they are bigger you can burn them onto a dual layer with Nero or you can run them through DVD Shrink, then burn them to a single layer with Nero.

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
Go to
http://www.slysoft.com/en/
It has everything you need. It cost only a little ($25 or $35 if I remember right, they might even still have free trials on the software) but it is worth it in the long run. The program any dvd will crack any encryption and the clone dvd and/or clone cd will copy the then unencrypted movie or cd without any problems. It is more uptodate then dvd shrink. Dvd shrink is free but you can only copy onto dvd +r dvds and with the +r you will run into some problems with some dvd players because it is an older format, the clone dvd will let you choose between +r or -r. If at all possible you want to always burn a dvd -r which is a newer format then dvd +r. Good luck with it all, let me know if you have any questions.

DIDO!!! use AnyDVD. You can then use HandBrake to rip the software to AVI/MPEG.. OR you can use Alcohol 120 ($45) http://www.alcohol-soft.com/
to burn Images of the DVD's (some Digital Media players will play the disc image just like the DVD) or do a Disc to Disc Copy OR Clone DVD for the copying... just remember the whole warning screen at the beginning of every protected DVD...
I've put movies to my computer for watching on my laptop when I'm traveling without having to take the disc's but... there is that warning for a reason.
Good Luck

beatlebomber

Google DVD Shrink, there is no other. Unless it doesn't work (some movies) then use Ripitforme, which will fix the menu crap and then run it through DVD Shrink. Then burn with Nero.

Alas there is a newer version of dvd shrink here is the link. I still find slysoft software easier to use but if you have nero or Alcohol 120 you can use this for FREE and we all like free lol.
http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

Meat_

Banned
I used DVD Shrink, combined with CopyToDVD.......

Worked fine for me......10 minutes to burn.

40 minutes to encode -_-
Try making an Xvid, then you'll see what slow is. Buy some better DVD's and you can burn a movie in 4 and change.