Need a range.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'd like to visit a range that rents handguns and has a wide variety to mess around with. Preferably in the Salt Lake area. Any suggestions?

dutchman

KI7KSV
There’s that TNT range just off the freeway in Murray. Last time I was in there they seemed to have a good selection. I’ve also been to the Get Some just south of Fashion Place, smaller range and not as good of a selection as the Get Some in Orem.

Tebbsjeep

There's also Discount Guns and Ammo just off of 2100 S. I've used their range and it's pretty decent. It wasn't very busy either, and the price was good for the lane rental.

Caleb

I have a membership to TNT, I'm there weekly. They do have a very large selection of handgun rentals, you just need to buy their ammo with the rental. You can pay for one rental, two rentals, or unlimited (I think it's something like $7, $14, and $20). The one thing I don't like about their rentals is they don't seem to be maintained as well as they should be. I rented a Silencerco Maxim once and the trigger was so hard to pull my wife couldn't pull it with both hands and 1 out of every 10 or so rounds I had to use two hands to pull...pretty dangerous. I put about 50 rounds through it and took it back to them. It was a fun gun to shoot though :D . With that said, I've rented probably 30 different guns from them (been trying to find something my wife likes) over the years and most of the time they're fine. Their range is nice though and the staff is friendly.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
The impact in Kearns is gone, it moved to 2100 s and 300 w. No range at the new place though.

Along with the ones listed about I've gone to Doug's on redwood. It's been a while though.

Kevin B.

The one thing I don't like about their rentals is they don't seem to be maintained as well as they should be.

Yeah, you weren't wrong. Went through about eight handguns tonight and three of them had failure to feed or failure to fire issues.

It was nice to drop $20 and try out as many different handguns as I wanted. It was not nice paying range prices for ammo.

Caleb

Yeah, the range ammo price hurts. Did you find what something you were interested in? What is it you're looking for?

Kevin B.

I think it's time for a carry gun. I shot a couple that were really nice, the Ruger Security 9 and Walther PPQ got my attention.

I'm going to shoot a lot more though before I make up my mind. I've never owned a handgun so I don't really know what I'm looking for except a good feel in the hand and a big magazine.

The wife shot a little Sig .380 she really liked.

Last edited:

dutchman

KI7KSV
I think it's time for a carry gun. I shot a couple that were really nice, the Ruger Security 9 and Walther PPQ got my attention.

The wife shot a little Sig .380 she really liked.

My carry gun is a PPQ 9mm, has it for years and really like it! Wifey has a .380 as her carry gun.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have a Glock 26 you can try, I can get my hands on a Glock 43, S&W Shield, and a baby Sig can't remember the model

Caleb

I carry a shield currently, I shoot half decent with it. I also really like the sig p365, it feels about the same as my shield to me. I had a sig p290 but I shot pretty terrible with it. I also really like the glock 43. I plan to pick both the glock and sig p365 up in the very near future.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I’ve got a couple guns you can try out as well.
I’d be up for a day in the desert.

Also, I’ve got a few passes to frontsight in Nevada. If you and the wifey want some formal training, I’d be happy to hook you up. We really enjoy our time there. Going again soon.

Kevin B.

Also, I’ve got a few passes to frontsight in Nevada. If you and the wifey want some formal training, I’d be happy to hook you up.

For real? Yeah, we're going to need some because I can't hit the broadside of a barn from the inside.