Need a snow shovel?

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I haven't looked at it, but I would bet $20 the carb has been effed by ethanol.

- DAA

You can buy ethanol free gas a lot of newer Maverick Gas Stations now days. I run all my power equipment on it.

When the season is over for my snowblower or lawn mower, I run it dry, then store it. Then when the time comes back around to run it, I fill it with new clean fuel, and its always starts up.

Reactions: DAA

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have led you all astray! My shovel showed up today, and it has a metal edge! This is not the shovel I ordered, and is not the same as the one I was going to replace it with.

I think the metal edge can be easily taken off.

I have failed you all.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
@DAA Just Google your snowblower model with "carb" and order a new one. They are dirt cheap. Cheap enough that it isn't worth the time to diagnose or clean the original carb.

Reactions: DAA

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I tried it earlier today and couldn’t get free shipping. Just tried again to be sure and it offered free shipping! If it doesn’t work, just try again I suppose?? Thanks for the recommendation

Thanks for the advice, wanted to charge me $25 bucks to ship. So I decided against it as its a bit of a drive. Opened again later still charged me, closed it and immediately opened again and it gave me free shipping

ID Bronco

Alright, let me fix all of your problems here................I have kept my opinion to myself long enough. This IS the best shovel I have ever utilized. (no metal edge in fact) I don't know where to get them in your state, but they are worth the money, around $40.00 I have three at home and some at work. They have lasted for years (the first one now just wearing down where it drags on the concrete). Idaho winters + this shovel = happiness (at least as much as possible since I'm shoveling snow)IMG_20181212_135138399.jpgIMG_20181212_135157822.jpg

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
That’s almost exactly what the shovel I recommended SHOULD be. But ours has a better handle...

I tried to use the one I just bought, and I made it 5 seconds before losing my temper! The metal edge must come off.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I don't have a picture, maybe I will get one when I get home, but i have an all plastic blade from Home Depot, even in HD orange, that work great. I saw more of them today at HD on 21st south. around $20 and they are great.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I don't have a picture, maybe I will get one when I get home, but i have an all plastic blade from Home Depot, even in HD orange, that work great. I saw more of them today at HD on 21st south. around $20 and they are great.

I’ve got a couple of those also. I let my tenants use them. They are a little thicker and heavier, but do a good job.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
These are the ones I like. They are Orbit shovels, sold at Home Depot. I have 3 of these (one in each garage, and one on the back porch) because they do a great job, and no metal edge!
20181213_084735.jpg20181213_084820.jpg