Need diesel shop near Ogden

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Have a friend with a 2010 F350 with the 6.4L diesel. Has some sort of turbo issue and an EGR code popped up (right at emission testing time).

I haven't had time to look at it.

Looking for a good shop. He lives near Huntsville, so a shop near Ogden would be most convenient.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
My cousin owns Wilson Lane Service on the old highway and 21st street. His son Marshall does a lot of work on light duty diesels and is a Ford fan and knows them well. Yes, there's something wrong with him... :rofl: Give them a call @ 801-731-1616 and ask for Marshall.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Thanks for the replies -I will get the recommendations over to him ASAP. His truck is past the registration renewal, so he is motivated to get it fixed fast

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I’ve taken a few things to Wild Diesel in Ogden. No complaints

Is Wild Diesel still performing work on vehicles? I ask because I thought Ken Jones sold the shop in 2019 and then ended up buying it back but only as a point of sale for parts and accessories, no actual work. Has that changed and they are again performing actual work on trucks?

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Is Wild Diesel still performing work on vehicles? I ask because I thought Ken Jones sold the shop in 2019 and then ended up buying it back but only as a point of sale for parts and accessories, no actual work. Has that changed and they are again performing actual work on trucks?

Oh I honestly don’t know. It’s been about that long since I’ve been in there

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
My cousin owns Wilson Lane Service on the old highway and 21st street. His son Marshall does a lot of work on light duty diesels and is a Ford fan and knows them well. Yes, there's something wrong with him... :rofl: Give them a call @ 801-731-1616 and ask for Marshall.
My buddy stopped by today but Marshall isn't taking on any more work. On to find someone else.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
My buddy stopped by today but Marshall isn't taking on any more work. On to find someone else.

Holy crap. I wonder why? I guess I'll have to stop by and see what's going on as it's been a while since I've talked to him or his dad. I know last fall they were having a hard time finding help, pretty much like any of us, so I wonder if that is why.

Sorry, I thought that they would be more than willing to take it on.

Mike

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
An unexpected twist today. After leaving Wilson Lane Service this morning, the check engine light was no longer on. My friend took a chance and brought it over for a smog check and it passed without incident. He says its driving great now...I know the 6.4 has a better reputation than the 6.0, but it still has it's share of problems. He has a current registration now, so he should be OK for a while (if the truck behaves).