Need Fabricator: Taco Rock Sliders

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
Looking for someone to weld on some rock sliders on my 2010 Taco Access Cab. These are the ones I'm looking at getting (with the Square and DOM options): https://www.4xinnovations.com/2005--2018-Access-Cab-Tacoma-Rock-Slider_p_73.html

Alternatively, I'm open to having some fabricated locally by someone who has experience/knowledge of Tacoma rock sliders. Alternatively if someone can recommend a local shop that does this type of work for a reasonable price, I'd appreciate it.

thanks!

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

Maybe see if Eric will let you learn how to weld them on yourself.

Otherwise I recently traded for nice welder of my own. I don't have 220 run yet but i'd be willing to help burn them in.

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
Thanks, all! Because I'm inexperienced with fabbing sliders, I don't trust my judgment about positioning and angle, so I wanted to hopefully pay someone with experience with Tacoma sliders and what works best, etc. I was also wondering if welding additional legs to the body mounts would be an awesome or not-so-awesome idea. It sounds like it would help triangulate and make them really solid, but I have no experience with the real-world practical application of that on a tacoma slider. My truck will be wheeling at max GVWR, so I need to make sure they are plenty strong when all that weight comes down hard on a slider.

I tried a few shops, but some don't respond, another one said they were 4-5 months out on being able to schedule me. If anyone has any SLC-area shop recommendations, let me know. I don't necessarily need them immediately, but I do need them on sometime between now and July when my camper arrives.

thanks again

Tonkaman

Being 3-4 months out is the industry standard for Tacoma stuff. They sell so fast that they just cannot be fabricated quick enough to match demand.

Reactions: H-K

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
The 4-5 month guy said they were actually only 1 month out so whoever told me that had made a mistake. Most of the sliders I looked at were a matter of only weeks out. The ones I got said 4-6 weeks on the site, but when I called, they were now in stock. So, I guess it just depends on the ebb and flow of supply vs. demand and how well the operation is staffed/managed.